Options
2»

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    ladyg said:

I will definitely
    keep your SIL in my thoughts and you as well. I am sending positive energy to both of you.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Your sister in law is in my
    Your sister in law is in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Megan
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Julie will be in my thoughts
    Julie will be in my thoughts and prayers! I am glad to hear chemo is going well. I was sick throughout my entire 5 months of chemo, so hang in there. There is an end and I reached mine for chemo last week. You will get there.

"May you both be at Peace, May you both be free of Suffering,"
    Dianne

Keeping Julie in my prayers.

Keeping Julie in my prayers.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Oh Karie,
    So sorry to hear about Julie. I will keep her in my prayers.

xoxo,
    Jean

P.S. - The girls are looking for you on Facebook.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Oh Karie,
    So sorry to hear about Julie. I will keep her in my prayers.

xoxo,
    Jean

P.S. - The girls are looking for you on Facebook.

Prayers...
    For all of you.....God Bless
    Nancy
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Kari
    prayers for both you and Julie are coming your way.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Kari
    sorry for double post.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Whoops....It's ILC (Invasive
    Whoops....It's ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) Anyone have or heard of this?

Sorry I don't know about
    Sorry I don't know about this type of bc Kari. I have invasive ductal carcinoma. I hope one of the pink sisters here might know more about it.

Hugs, Kylez
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Kari
    sorry for double post.
    {{hugs}} Char

Kari .. this is what I found ....
    Invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC), sometimes called infiltrating lobular carcinoma, is the second most common type of breast cancer after invasive ductal carcinoma (cancer that begins in the milk-carrying ducts and spreads beyond it). According to the American Cancer Society, more than 180,000 women in the United States find out they have invasive breast cancer each year. About 10% of all invasive breast cancers are invasive lobular carcinomas. (About 80% are invasive ductal carcinomas.)

Invasive means that the cancer has “invaded” or spread to the surrounding breast tissues. Lobular means that the cancer began in the milk-producing lobules, which empty out into the ducts that carry milk to the nipple. Carcinoma refers to any cancer that begins in the skin or other tissues that cover internal organs — such as breast tissue. All together, “invasive lobular carcinoma” refers to cancer that has broken through the wall of the lobule and begun to invade the tissues of the breast. Over time, invasive lobular carcinoma can spread to the lymph nodes and possibly to other areas of the body.

Although invasive lobular carcinoma can affect women at any age, it is more common as women grow older. According to the American Cancer Society, about two-thirds of women are 55 or older when they are diagnosed with an invasive breast cancer. ILC tends to occur later in life than invasive ductal carcinoma — the early 60s as opposed to the mid- to late 50s
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Kari
    sorry for double post.
    {{hugs}} Char

Invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC), sometimes called infiltrating lobular carcinoma, is the second most common type of breast cancer after invasive ductal carcinoma (cancer that begins in the milk-carrying ducts and spreads beyond it). According to the American Cancer Society, more than 180,000 women in the United States find out they have invasive breast cancer each year. About 10% of all invasive breast cancers are invasive lobular carcinomas. (About 80% are invasive ductal carcinomas.)

Invasive means that the cancer has “invaded” or spread to the surrounding breast tissues. Lobular means that the cancer began in the milk-producing lobules, which empty out into the ducts that carry milk to the nipple. Carcinoma refers to any cancer that begins in the skin or other tissues that cover internal organs — such as breast tissue. All together, “invasive lobular carcinoma” refers to cancer that has broken through the wall of the lobule and begun to invade the tissues of the breast. Over time, invasive lobular carcinoma can spread to the lymph nodes and possibly to other areas of the body.

Although invasive lobular carcinoma can affect women at any age, it is more common as women grow older. According to the American Cancer Society, about two-thirds of women are 55 or older when they are diagnosed with an invasive breast cancer. ILC tends to occur later in life than invasive ductal carcinoma — the early 60s as opposed to the mid- to late 50s
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Thanks for the information
    Thanks for the information VickiSam. I didn't know about ILC either.
  • BioAdoptMom3
    BioAdoptMom3 Member Posts: 43
    Options
    No sooner said than done!
    No sooner said than done! Prayers for Julie!

Nancy