my dog has cancer

Options
2»

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Our dog is part of our
    Our dog is part of our family. So sorry.
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Our dog is part of our

Linda I'm So Sorry
    My heart goes out too you.
    I just lost my beautiful angel three weeks ago, and we are still feeling the loss as well as her boyfriend Bear.
    Bear is not doing well at all, we have even had to take him to the vet because he wont eat or drink.
    My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
    Lots of hugs Karie
  • Marcia527 said:

Our dog is part of our

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Options
    Oh Linda
    Our dogs love us so unconditionally, they are so very hard to let go! Sweet memories will sustain you once the time comes. So sorry for you all.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I understand exactly when
    I understand exactly when you said that you cannot bring yourselves to do it yet. I would say that any of us who have four-legged family members have been in your situation and know the heartache you are experiencing. Reggie and I had to put our 17 year old shepherd down a few years ago~ I know you will understand when I say that she was ready to go long before we took her there. We stayed with her, there was New-Age music playing and candles burning as well as pillows for us to sit on the floor...the veterinarian explained the procedure, and then, as the vet tech stroked her head and I was feeding her treats..well, just let me say that she sighed and was gone even before the syringe was completely depressed. She was indeed ready~ it is we who are not.

Mourn your loss, and love the dog for the joy he brought to your lives~ I know you will make the gentle, loving right decision.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I am an animal lover too and
    I am an animal lover too and I know how hard this is. To me, the hardest part of being a pet owner is knowing when it is time to let go. There are no tools that can help and your dog can't tell you either. I think that the only guide is both your heart and your mind really examining the quality of Bodhi's life. If he is not really living anymore, it is time and you will know. You are in my prayers tonight.
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    Bodhi
    Ladies - you cannot imagine how much strength you have given me through your compassionate notes. The advice you have offered has been so incredibly helpful. Words cannot express how much you all mean to me and that you took your time to help me through this. My dear Bodhi is resting at my feet and having labored breathing as I am writing this, and we decided that tomorrow will be the day that my hubby will take him to the vet. I just can't stand the thought that he may be in pain or that he may have a rough time passing on his own. Again, thanks so much to all of you. You all are so special. Hugs, Linda
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    linpsu said:

Bodhi
    Ladies - you cannot imagine how much strength you have given me through your compassionate notes. The advice you have offered has been so incredibly helpful. Words cannot express how much you all mean to me and that you took your time to help me through this. My dear Bodhi is resting at my feet and having labored breathing as I am writing this, and we decided that tomorrow will be the day that my hubby will take him to the vet. I just can't stand the thought that he may be in pain or that he may have a rough time passing on his own. Again, thanks so much to all of you. You all are so special. Hugs, Linda

Oh Linda,
    I am so sorry to read this. I was away from my computer all day yesterday and just read your post. I can just imagine what you are going through. Sending you a big hug, my friend.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Oh Linda,
    I am so sorry to read this. I was away from my computer all day yesterday and just read your post. I can just imagine what you are going through. Sending you a big hug, my friend.

xoxo,
    Jean

Linda...my prayers are with you and your family
    for the loss of Bohdi. So sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose a pet/family member that given you countless hours of love, joy and loyatly.

Big hugs
    Mitzi ;0)
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    linpsu said:

Bodhi

God bless you Linda...
    This is the most unselfish act that you can do to help your dear friend, Bodhi. He will be out of pain and any difficulties he is having will end.

You and your family however, are the ones who will hurt over his passing. The ones left behind are the ones who truly suffer.

So, in my mind, you are incredibly loving and unselfish to let him go now.

Hugs,
    CR
  • midnight10
    midnight10 Member Posts: 74
    Options
    I can relate
    I can so relate. My border collie was just short of his 15th birthday last summer when he had a stroke. I had hopes that he would recover, but after 5 days of watching him not being able to get up, taking him outside by pulling his rug out the door and using a sling to get him up to go to the bathroom and several trips to the vet I put on my big girl panties and stayed with him while the vet put him down. I'm glad I had those last minutes with him looking in my eyes, but it was sooooo hard! Then 2 days later I had biopsies done and the rest is history. I'm thinking it may be time for another dog, but haven't quite gotten there yet.
  • shelbyhome
    shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about
    I am so sorry to hear about your dog they become one of your children and I understand what you are going thru as we had to put ours down and what a hard decision it is to make but in the end it was the best thing to do, since then we have seen our friends keep there dog alive because it was there buddy and couldn't stand to give up on him and oh how we watched it get really a bad situation so as hard as it is think of the dog and keep him comfortable and not let him get to the point that he is suffering.
    I know this is rambling on but I feel your pain.
    God Bless you and Bodhi
    Hugs :) Robbin
  • vac
    vac Member Posts: 97
    Options
    breast cancer
    I was diagnose almost 9 years ago, doing great!!!! we just found our 14 year old dog also has breast cancer. We did have the tumor removed because it was getting big and did not want it to break open and get infected, she is a small dog and her belly is close to the ground. She is great and happy, glad we did it.
  • Katmy
    Katmy Member Posts: 93
    Options
    I, too, am sorry about
    I, too, am sorry about Bodhi. My dog has been my best friend through my cancer. She has listened to every emotion and loved me still. A good book you may enjoy is Merle's Door. If you love dogs, you will love the book. It may help you with your grieving. Keep a box of tissues near by toward the end.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

I'm so very sorry
    Our pets are such a big part of our families and our lives. Your Bodhi knows you love him and it will take that love to help you through this difficult time and decision. We don't want them to suffer but we also don't want to lose them. You will know when that time comes. My thoughts are with you.
    Marsha

Any of us that have pets can
    Any of us that have pets can really understand your loss. I am very sorry.

Hugs, Kylez