I told you I am either a crazy-lady or an optimist...you be the judge!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    lizzie17 said:

outside
    Thank you for the inspiration...I love being outside and have wanted to buy a little pop-up type tent and even go camping alone--Disney World --I feel safe there. Who knows, maybe my daughter may join me?
    I grew up camping and took my girls until they were too old to enjoy it or have time for it. So, I am very comfortable doing this, and how rejuvenated I would feel!!!

You're a true inspiration, Chen!
    Atta girl and all that!

When I got my diagnoses, I decided I was not going to do anything I didn't want to do unless absolutely necessary. Prior to surgeries and during treatments I really wanted to take care of me. I basically took a vacation at home. I'm a homebody and some friends were disappointed I didn't want to go places with them, but I didn't want to. I wanted to be home. I walked and ate healthy, but I mostly read, rested and rather stayed to myself. It wasn't depression at all or wallowing in self pity, it's what I wanted to do at the time. And, for me, it was the best thing to do. But, boy Howdy, since I got my Mojo back, I've been unstoppable. Now with springtime and daylight's saving, watch out! I'm hardly home, I've reactived my gym membership, I'm sewing again and spending time with friends I want to spend time with doing what I want to do. And if someone doesn't want to do it with me, I'll do it by myself!

It's all about me . . .

Suzanne
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    You Win
    Your both an optimist and a crazy lady, and that what makes you you. Now about that Vitamin D. I am from Chicago area and well we have not seen to much of that D around. Can't wait to get out an enjoy some sunshine. However, retail shopping is good for winter blue's.
    Kathy ~
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    amazing
    Claudia - you are one truly amazing woman! There is absolutely nothing that you can't do. You are such an inspiration to all of us. I wish I had half the courage and guts that you have! Hugs, Linda
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Thanks for being an inspiration
    Chen,

you have always amazed me with your beautiful spirit and your way
    of handling adversity.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    :)
    I am not surprised!

You are such the encourager and fighter that this does not surprise me about you at all!

You GO, girl!

You are such an inspiration to us all.
    Thank you for being such a courageous example to all of us.
    We love you, chen & keep walking! :)
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I love you too Chen!
    But

I love you too Chen!
    But it's too dang cold in Indiana to sit outside....or go on a walk, for that matter...guess I gotta wait a few more months for my endorphins ;)
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

I love you too Chen!
    But

I love you too Chen!
    But it's too dang cold in Indiana to sit outside....or go on a walk, for that matter...guess I gotta wait a few more months for my endorphins ;)
    *hugs*
    Heather

Empowerment ..
    Claudia -- You consistently increase the spiritual, social thinking, encourage strength of individual WARRIORS here on our site.

You inspire so many of us!

Keep on Truckin' ...

Vicki Sam
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Empowerment ..
    Claudia -- You consistently increase the spiritual, social thinking, encourage strength of individual WARRIORS here on our site.

You inspire so many of us!

Keep on Truckin' ...

Vicki Sam

You go girl!
    Chen, once again I want to express my gratitude for your inspiration and the uplifting you continually give your Kindred Spirits. Here I am today, dreading tomorrow (bone scan in the morning), and thinking I will waste away a beautiful day inside this house. However, in reading your post, I find myself sitting out on the deck just taking in the sun, and thinking about a long walk to perk up my spirits. Just when I think I have hit rock bottom, along comes another of your inspirations. As I said before, some of us live vicariously through you and all that you do, and how wonderful it must be to sit back and see what you have created in others. Thanks for the "kick in the butt"....I, for one, am grateful to have you here to get me up and moving, and living the life. Hugs, Judy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!!!
    Always an inspiration!!!

For all of us - no matter what - each & every day is a gift. And, YOU - dear Chen - are also a true gift for all of us.

With heartfelt gratitude,
    xo 12/25
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

You are AWESOME!!!
    Always an inspiration!!!

For all of us - no matter what - each & every day is a gift. And, YOU - dear Chen - are also a true gift for all of us.

With heartfelt gratitude,
    xo 12/25

I think that what you are is
    I think that what you are is a woman who has decided that no matter what the diagnosis and where your cancer may be that you are not going to let it rob you of one thing that you want to do. You are going to live your life on your terms. Do the things that give you pleasure and be with the ones who love you. You encourage us by your example. It doesn't matter whether we walk, run, exercise, read, join clubs. What you show us is that we have our lives right now in whatever form they might be and we should all consider doing all we can to make the most of everyday. At least that is what you give to me. Each day is a gift and we should cherish it. Some are better than others. Some are great, some suck. But it is how we live them that counts. We can quietly read a book we have put off reading, play with our children or grandchildren, climb a mountain, or just breath in the sweet air. You inspire me to do more, be more, care more, love more, and most importantly live more. Thank you dear Claudia for that. Some people say that we are given angels to guide us. I think that you are one. To all on this board kindred spirits we are and always will be.
    Stef