HOME

I am finally back home! I missed my hubby, my bed and my puppies. I am going to miss being waited on hand and foot though LOL.

I'm hurting some, but hopefully the pain pill will start working soon.

How is everyone else doing?

Comments

  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    Thinking of you
    There is nothing like your own home, your bed, your animals and your hubby. We have 4 cats. When I was sick and even when I go in the bedroom to watch House Hunters on HGTV they are all in bed with me. I never think I have too many except when they all decide to get on the bed or they are all staring at me waiting to be fed. Let us know how you are. Many people are praying for you to be through this soon. Are you sure you will lose your hair? My hair is so short now I don't pay the $100+n to color it. I do it myself and it finally looks decent. It had too much red in it before. Well rest good tonight and let us know the results. I hate lymphoma!!!!!!!
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    JoanieP said:

    Thinking of you
    There is nothing like your own home, your bed, your animals and your hubby. We have 4 cats. When I was sick and even when I go in the bedroom to watch House Hunters on HGTV they are all in bed with me. I never think I have too many except when they all decide to get on the bed or they are all staring at me waiting to be fed. Let us know how you are. Many people are praying for you to be through this soon. Are you sure you will lose your hair? My hair is so short now I don't pay the $100+n to color it. I do it myself and it finally looks decent. It had too much red in it before. Well rest good tonight and let us know the results. I hate lymphoma!!!!!!!

    Hair
    Thank you Joanie,

    From everything I have read about the ICE protocol I think my hair is going to be on it's way out. It's ok, I appreciated being bald during the summer when it was 104 outside. And at least if we get lots of rain this spring it won't matter :) and I am relatively sure that after the chemicals of coloring meet up with the chemicals of chemo there is going to be a battle.

    I'm hanging in there and trying not to worry too much. Most of my focus at this point is getting this drain tube out soon. I was really hoping that the drainage requirements would have allowed me to get it out today, but looks like it's going to be here for the weekend. I do think it's helped with the lymphadema, I'll have to check the next time I change the bandage.

    I appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers, it means a lot to me. How are you?
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    Good
    Glad you are back home in your comfort zone. I'll keep sending prayers and thinking of you. Mary
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178

    Good
    Glad you are back home in your comfort zone. I'll keep sending prayers and thinking of you. Mary

    Me too glad!
    Hi Beth,
    Home sweet home..no place better to be. So sorry the drainage tube is giving you pain. I just hate to hear someone is in pain! I hope you get another good nights sleep...boy..lack of sleep really makes things twice as bad...at least thats how it works for me. Hang in there sweet lady and I'll be praying for good scan results on Tuesday..ya never know..ya know? Much love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    dixiegirl said:

    Hair
    Thank you Joanie,

    From everything I have read about the ICE protocol I think my hair is going to be on it's way out. It's ok, I appreciated being bald during the summer when it was 104 outside. And at least if we get lots of rain this spring it won't matter :) and I am relatively sure that after the chemicals of coloring meet up with the chemicals of chemo there is going to be a battle.

    I'm hanging in there and trying not to worry too much. Most of my focus at this point is getting this drain tube out soon. I was really hoping that the drainage requirements would have allowed me to get it out today, but looks like it's going to be here for the weekend. I do think it's helped with the lymphadema, I'll have to check the next time I change the bandage.

    I appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers, it means a lot to me. How are you?

    Hang in there
    Beth,
    Just hang tight,we are hanging in there with you. I know that drainage tube is a Bi7th and I feel for you. Praying for good results on Tuesday for you. So true, No place like home. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    home
    nothing like it, hope you feel better, my prayers are with you.....
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    Home
    Hi Beth,

    I am so glad you are back home. I was in the hospital in Sept 2009 for a total of 3 weeks.
    Therefore, I know exactly how you feel. Yup, nothing like being home with our love ones and pets.

    It brings tears to my eyes thinking about the people in Japan. How much they have lost. In my darkest moment, I wonder if the world is coming to an end. Japan, New Zealand, North New Jersey, and Oklahoma. I know I left out more suffering and sorrow in this post.

    I hope by now you have the pain in check. Prayers your way. Love Maggie
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member

    Home
    Hi Beth,

    I am so glad you are back home. I was in the hospital in Sept 2009 for a total of 3 weeks.
    Therefore, I know exactly how you feel. Yup, nothing like being home with our love ones and pets.

    It brings tears to my eyes thinking about the people in Japan. How much they have lost. In my darkest moment, I wonder if the world is coming to an end. Japan, New Zealand, North New Jersey, and Oklahoma. I know I left out more suffering and sorrow in this post.

    I hope by now you have the pain in check. Prayers your way. Love Maggie

    ????????????????
    Maggie,
    I am sure those same thoughts have gone thru a lot of minds.Not just eartquakes,but hurricanes,tornadoes,floods,blizzards,fires,volcanoes,neuclear meltdowns,etc.It says first time was by water the second time by FIRE!! Even floods can lead to fires. Getting scary isn't it? John
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    COBRA666 said:

    ????????????????
    Maggie,
    I am sure those same thoughts have gone thru a lot of minds.Not just eartquakes,but hurricanes,tornadoes,floods,blizzards,fires,volcanoes,neuclear meltdowns,etc.It says first time was by water the second time by FIRE!! Even floods can lead to fires. Getting scary isn't it? John

    scary
    Yes John , this is a very scary world. I'm 63 but I worry for my children and grandchildren. What kind of world will they live in when they are older?
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178

    Home
    Hi Beth,

    I am so glad you are back home. I was in the hospital in Sept 2009 for a total of 3 weeks.
    Therefore, I know exactly how you feel. Yup, nothing like being home with our love ones and pets.

    It brings tears to my eyes thinking about the people in Japan. How much they have lost. In my darkest moment, I wonder if the world is coming to an end. Japan, New Zealand, North New Jersey, and Oklahoma. I know I left out more suffering and sorrow in this post.

    I hope by now you have the pain in check. Prayers your way. Love Maggie

    So sad..
    I agree Maggie...it is very depressing and sad watching all of the devastating news coming out of Japan AND here in the USA. So many people going through hard times and loosing everything. It leaves one feeling helpless with so much going on. I hope our friend Chris from the group is ok..If memory serves me right she lives in New Jersey.Keep hoping she will check in. Must pray for all. Love, Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)