Today was supposed to be my first round of my new treatment, erbitux, along with irinotecan. My port was accessed + I had saline solution dripping. I waited and waited. Finally a nurse came in + said there was a "paperwork" issue. Cancer Care Ontario, who funds + approves cancer treatments had not yet approved me for erbitux. They consider erbitux a third line treatment, after folfox + folfiri. I was on folfox for 5 weeks when I had radiation, but the tumours on my liver progressed + I was put on folfiri + avastin. Apparently Cancer Care Ontario is unaware that I had been on folfox, so they think I should be going on that. My onc came over to the chemo suites to try to straighten this out + to talk to me, but it was getting late so even if it was approved today they wouldn'g have time to give me the 4+ hours of treatment. My onc was hoping that if it was approved today I would have treatment tomorrow, but apparently the earliest they have a time slot for me is next Tuesday. I have been off chemo for several weeks now, + was hoping to get back on track today. My onc is fairly confident I will get approval but this was a brutally frustrating day. I was worried about starting this treatment + how it would go + prepared myself mentally only to not get the treatment. Now we are waiting to hear if I got approved or not.