Just diagnosed with TNBC....Update

Options
124»

Comments

• skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    I'm fairly new to this site and wish I had found it earlier in my journey but better late than never. I was E+ but otherwise similar. Had 4 rounds of a/c cocktail and 4 of Taxatere then mastectomy. Surgeon removed tumor (5.2 cm originally but it shrank with the chemo) and 9 nodes of which 3 were positive. Just finished rads today but post-op PET scan was clear. Try to keep a positive attitude, vent when you need to, and come to the site often for some great support. No one wants to go on this journey but it's made easier by the pink sisters. You can do this. You will win!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Hi, also new to this site...
    Just found this site . I was diagnosed a yr ago this month with BC at age 49. The tumor was in rt. breast and 2cm , no node involvement, her2 neg., estrogen fed. My BRCA was also negative. So that means I got this cancer environmentally not genetically. Had lumpectomy and radiation & taking FEMARA for five years. Anyway, a little confused why your bc was stage 11B if no node involvement and also why the rounds of Taxotere/Cytoxen? My breast surgeon was also suggesting a double mastectomy for me but my oncologist thought it was not necessary ("over kill")and a second opinion confirmed that. Therefore, did not have the mastectomy -thank goodness.
    Guess I sometimes wonder why no chemo, when I read about others with similar bc types and stages who did have some.
    I have sort of made peace with my cancer and stopped investing so much of my time and energy into the fear of it. Still scary if I think about it too much, so I don't. Try to concentrate on getting healthier, stronger and wiser, which is a lot to think about :-)
    Hope you are doing well. Here's to remission forever!
    Laura

Welcome Laura! This site of
    Welcome Laura! This site of pink sisters will offer you help, support and all the encouragement you could ever want.

You keep focusing on being healthier and stronger! Take care of yourself.

Hugs, Diane