diep flap

jphilpo
jphilpo Member Posts: 177
Hi all,

I had a bilateral mastectomy with diep flap reconstruction in June 2010. It has been a good recovery except for the usual setbacks. I had to have a revision to 1 breast in Nov.

Here is my issue now: I have noticed a bruising on my left breast and I have pain there. I have ignored it thinking that I pulled a muscle or something, but it's been a few weeks now. I see my plastic this week and I will ask him about it, but I wanted to know if anyone out there has had this happen to them.

Thanks,

Jean

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    I had a lumpectomy Jean, so,
    I had a lumpectomy Jean, so, I can't help you with your question, but, I am sure someone here can. It is good you are seeing your surgeon this week. Will be looking for an update from you!

Leeza
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Yes, definitely have your
    Yes, definitely have your plastic surgeon check this out. I did not have the bruising.

But I am wondering a few things as it seems as if someone else on the MB had a similar problem related to the way they were sleeping on the flap and NSAIDS.

What position do you sleep in and is the flap protected? What type of bra are you wearing? Also are you taking NSAIDS (aleve, advil, motrin, aspirin)? NSAIDS will decrease clotting and increase bruising. You might try switching to tylenol for a while and seeing if that helps.