Pics

Sue,
The computer has been acting up for a while and I could not get on to the expression pages.Just got on and checked out your pics. My goodness girl, you look like you are 10 yrs old in 1979. Thats the same year my oldest son was born(Oct.) They are great pics. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

Comments

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Thanks
    Hi John,
    hahaha! Your too kind...in 79 I was 29 and just had our second son, Josh. The boys were born 10 years apart. Man...that seems sooooo long ago! I think it's fun to show people a little more about ourselves. When I look in the mirror now, at 60 and after the chemo treatments, it's hard to vision there was ever a young version of myself...ha!
    Sue...(FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    allmost60 said:

Thanks
    Hi John,
    hahaha! Your too kind...in 79 I was 29 and just had our second son, Josh. The boys were born 10 years apart. Man...that seems sooooo long ago! I think it's fun to show people a little more about ourselves. When I look in the mirror now, at 60 and after the chemo treatments, it's hard to vision there was ever a young version of myself...ha!
    Sue...(FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Looking young
    Sue,
    I wasn't joking about you looking so young. You really do. I was 27 and still being asked for ID. You are so right about this chemo crap taking its toll on our bodies and of course the worry just adds to it. I am just praying they come out with some sort of cure for this disease in the near future. I,just as you have my own personal thoughts about that. I am sure others have their thoughts as well. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • allmost60
    COBRA666 said:

Looking young
    Sue,
    I wasn't joking about you looking so young. You really do. I was 27 and still being asked for ID. You are so right about this chemo crap taking its toll on our bodies and of course the worry just adds to it. I am just praying they come out with some sort of cure for this disease in the near future. I,just as you have my own personal thoughts about that. I am sure others have their thoughts as well. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

Skin
    Hi John,
    The one "big" thing I have knowticed more than anything since chemo is my skin. I swear..it looks and feels like it has aged 10+ years since last spring. It's dry..extremely dry, even after using expensive hydrating lotions and dozens of different face and body products. Also,my skin is thin and sags now, which really enhances the wrinkles. I realize I'm no spring chicken,and of course I accept our skin ages as we grow older, but come on...it's hard to believe that in 8 months a persons skin could change so much due to age, and 60 isn't really all that old...(in my opinion)..ya know? I know in my heart the chemo is 99% the culprit. We know it kills healthy cells as it kills the cancer cells, so I'm thinkin it wrecked havoc with my healthy skin cells. I might be wrong, but I feel I've aged 10 years in my over-all body/face appearance since being diagnosed and treated. Feel like I've aged 20 years in physical energy. I NEED some sun.."BIG TIME", but was told by my doctor not to sun bathe(lay out)or get too much sun exposure. Bums me out big time because I always feel more vibrant and healthy looking with a tan. Steve told me to go and get the spray tanning done if I wanted, but the last thing I want to do is have any kind of chemicals sprayed all over me, no matter how safe they say it is. Chemicals are chemicals and we absorb them through the skin, and I even worry about the lotions I use...who knows what "really" is in them. Just because a label says one thing doesn't mean it's 100% accurate or truthful...Well...enough said...I just feel old, washed out and probably just need a change of scenery, nicer weather and a little more healing time to get my self esteem built back up. Danged old cancer really scews with our thinking..ya know? Hope you have a good week...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • COBRA666
    allmost60 said:

Skin
    Hi John,
    The one "big" thing I have knowticed more than anything since chemo is my skin. I swear..it looks and feels like it has aged 10+ years since last spring. It's dry..extremely dry, even after using expensive hydrating lotions and dozens of different face and body products. Also,my skin is thin and sags now, which really enhances the wrinkles. I realize I'm no spring chicken,and of course I accept our skin ages as we grow older, but come on...it's hard to believe that in 8 months a persons skin could change so much due to age, and 60 isn't really all that old...(in my opinion)..ya know? I know in my heart the chemo is 99% the culprit. We know it kills healthy cells as it kills the cancer cells, so I'm thinkin it wrecked havoc with my healthy skin cells. I might be wrong, but I feel I've aged 10 years in my over-all body/face appearance since being diagnosed and treated. Feel like I've aged 20 years in physical energy. I NEED some sun.."BIG TIME", but was told by my doctor not to sun bathe(lay out)or get too much sun exposure. Bums me out big time because I always feel more vibrant and healthy looking with a tan. Steve told me to go and get the spray tanning done if I wanted, but the last thing I want to do is have any kind of chemicals sprayed all over me, no matter how safe they say it is. Chemicals are chemicals and we absorb them through the skin, and I even worry about the lotions I use...who knows what "really" is in them. Just because a label says one thing doesn't mean it's 100% accurate or truthful...Well...enough said...I just feel old, washed out and probably just need a change of scenery, nicer weather and a little more healing time to get my self esteem built back up. Danged old cancer really scews with our thinking..ya know? Hope you have a good week...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Feeling old
    Sue,
    I know exactly how you feel. I have a bottle of curel hand lotion setting next to the computer. Its the first thing I do in the morning. I rub it in real good in my hands. They feel like leather. I look a lot older in the mirror as well. The energy level is not coming back like I thought it would. I am so tired of chemicals. I read everything on the label before I eat it. Its all full of chemicals. I read on here all the time where a lot of people are having the same reactions. I swear my sense of smell has gotten so keen. I bought a 2 fer 1 cheeseburgers a while back from Burger King and only ate 1. I opened the other one a few hours later and it smelled like pine sol. Just think,I ate one a few hours before. What the heck is going on here!!! They say soy bean is so good for us,right. I live with farms all around me. They grow soy beans all the time. The farmer told me to keep the animals in the house when they spray mid season to keep the bugs out. They use a chemical that is extremely poisonous to humans and animals with no anedote. He said it makes DDT look like mild laxative. Then in Sept. they harvest it and its mixed into our food. We can not getaway from the chemicals. Got off the subject a little but just had to bring it up. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    allmost60 said:

Skin
    Hi John,

skin
    Hi Sue and John,

I know exactly what you guys mean, I'll all dried up too. My poor neck got the worst of it - I swear I look like an old chicken neck! I use the best lotion and cream I can find and it just doesn't really help. I KNOW it is the treatment, but no one will admit to that ! ha
    But the way I TRY to look at it is that at least the treatment worked so if I look a bit older- oh well! My daughter is getting married in October, I'm considering a turtle neck!!! :)
  • COBRA666
    onlytoday said:

skin
    Hi Sue and John,

I know exactly what you guys mean, I'll all dried up too. My poor neck got the worst of it - I swear I look like an old chicken neck! I use the best lotion and cream I can find and it just doesn't really help. I KNOW it is the treatment, but no one will admit to that ! ha
    But the way I TRY to look at it is that at least the treatment worked so if I look a bit older- oh well! My daughter is getting married in October, I'm considering a turtle neck!!! :)

Dried up!!!
    I am telling you that chemo drys everything up doesn't it? Well....almost everything LOL John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • allmost60
    COBRA666 said:

Dried up!!!
    I am telling you that chemo drys everything up doesn't it? Well....almost everything LOL John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

LOL!!!
    Too funny..both of you! Well...we may be tired, dried out, wrinkly and saggy lookin, but at least we're "ALIVE"...thats what my friends and family keep telling me..ha! Laughter...the best medicine out there! I had a "visual" from both of your comments and burst out laughing..."thanks"..I needed a good laugh!...Sue (o: