No NED this time

Options
Hondo
Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
Just finish my PET and MRI at MD Anderson yesterday the MRI came back OK but PET lit up an area of suspect again, o-well back to the old normal.

Also on my Vision problem I had to see the Ophthalmologist there at MD Anderson and she found that I have a lot of pressure on my brain, not sure why. The PET and MRI does not show any Tumors so that is good news, there is a possibility of infection, so they did a lumbar tap. I am on medication for it right now and go back in 10 days for more follow-up.

Take care everyone, looks like I will continue to be in Gods workshop a little longer.
Hondo
«13

Comments

  • wifeforlife
    wifeforlife Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Hot spots suck
    Hondo, Sorry to hear about the hot spot. Prayers coming your way.
    From reading your post... I'm guessing the news about the pressure on your eyes is good... I mean no tumor it good!...
    One day at a time... God be with you .
    Wife
  • ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

    Hot spots suck
    Hondo, Sorry to hear about the hot spot. Prayers coming your way.
    From reading your post... I'm guessing the news about the pressure on your eyes is good... I mean no tumor it good!...
    One day at a time... God be with you .
    Wife

    "possibility of infection"
    Hopefully it's all related to maybe an infection. PETS are wrong 25% of the time. I admire the way you just take it all in stride. One step at a time my friend.
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Sending good thoughts your way Hondo
    It takes time to achieve perfection. The workshop is not a bad place to be. You're in good hands there.

    Deb
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    D Lewis said:

    Sending good thoughts your way Hondo
    It takes time to achieve perfection. The workshop is not a bad place to be. You're in good hands there.

    Deb

    No NED this time.
    Sorry to read that Hondo. Just hoping that they can get to the bottom of whatever is going on and get you healthy and relieve those symptoms for you.

    Dawn
  • Hal61
    Hal61 Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Pressure
    Hi Hondo, sorry to hear you have a bit of radiance on the PET. You'e done such a comprehensive job of fighting cancer I'm surprised it hasn't just given up by now. I'm always hoping for relief from any pain you may be having and improvment in your vision. "Pressure on the brain." Holy mackeral, can they get any more vague? As usual, you are the best at taking care of yourself, and I'm sending prayers and positive spirit to you and your wife.

    Hal
  • connieprice1
    connieprice1 Member Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You will be in my prayers
    Hondo, It makes me sad to here that kind of news. Hopefully things will go your way and this time you will be permanantly cured. No headaches, No vision problems, No cancer. You have encouraged so many people on this website, what would we do without you. I will be pulling for you to do well. Homer
  • Vivi C
    Vivi C Member Posts: 70
    Options
    In my prayers
    You are in my prayers Hondo. God is holding you in the palm of His mighty hand while at His workshop! Blessings to you,
    Viv
  • HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Vivi C said:

    In my prayers
    You are in my prayers Hondo. God is holding you in the palm of His mighty hand while at His workshop! Blessings to you,
    Viv

    Wishing you the very best
    Hondo, here's wishing the very best and will say a prayer for you. Hope in the end, everything will turn out well.
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    Sure seems strange about the history with the PS you have. The area that lights-up hasn't gotten any bigger has it? Could be a peculiarity mass that's not C, but the PS lights-up like it is, and it'd be great to learn what it is for all of our future reference with our tests.

    Just got my eyes checked two weeks ago, and all is well. Eye Dr. said my pressure was on the high end of normal, but the optic nerves look great. Glaucoma runs big on my Mom's side of the family. Celebrated by getting two new pairs of glasses that are a little less studious, and a little more cool!


    Don't kid yourself, Tim- you're gonna be in God's workshop for a lot longer. Hope the antibiotics, along with the good things you eat and drink fix this. I was gonna say something about your having too good a weather in Louisiana for your own good, but see you got rocked by a system yesterday that included tornados. Your work will never be done in His workshop, Tim.

    Believe

    kcass
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Hoping for an infection...
    Hondo, sorry your news wasn't better but I will be praying that it is just an infection and the antibiotics will clear everything up.

    Don't get discouraged, keep positive thoughts and know that your friends are praying for you.

    We will both be in God's workshop for many more years.

    Glenna
  • rush1958
    rush1958 Member Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hondo,

    Sending my thoughts, prayers and well-wishes your way. You're in good hands.

    Rush
  • Clearblue
    Clearblue Member Posts: 186
    Options
    Glenna M said:

    Hoping for an infection...
    Hondo, sorry your news wasn't better but I will be praying that it is just an infection and the antibiotics will clear everything up.

    Don't get discouraged, keep positive thoughts and know that your friends are praying for you.

    We will both be in God's workshop for many more years.

    Glenna

    Hey Hondo
    Hondo
    Youre a good man and many here including me are greatful for the support youve given from the GOODNESS of your heart.
    Holding thumbs and fingers crossed that all's well.
    Wishing you only good my friend.
    Clear
  • mixleader
    mixleader Member Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    No NED
    Hi, Hondo. I am sorry to hear of this result on your test, but we all know tests can be wrong. I got a NED on a PET back in November and in January I was back in the hospital having another malignancy removed. So, here's hoping yours is a false positive. As many others have said, you are an inspiration and here are some more best wishes and prayers headed your way.

    Roger
  • swartpb
    swartpb Member Posts: 32
    Options
    mixleader said:

    No NED
    Hi, Hondo. I am sorry to hear of this result on your test, but we all know tests can be wrong. I got a NED on a PET back in November and in January I was back in the hospital having another malignancy removed. So, here's hoping yours is a false positive. As many others have said, you are an inspiration and here are some more best wishes and prayers headed your way.

    Roger

    My Friend
    When i first came onto this site you were the first to wish me well.
    Your words has touched me so much and gave me the encouragement to move forward with a life treatening/changing experience. At one stage i thought its better to end it all - all the pain and anxiety almost killed me. Hondo, if you care for other so much without knowing them then God will keep on using you to help others, like me! Thank you so much and may God be with us all!
    Your friend
    Pieter
  • MarineE5
    MarineE5 Member Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Working
    Hondo,

    I can't add much to what the others have already mentioned. But, I can say this. When I do stop in here to read the posts, I see yours and always find them to be upbeat and with a positive attitude. It helps people place one foot in front of the other to move through their days and achieve their goals in beating this beast.

    Positive thoughts and Prayers headed your way and skyward.

    My Best to You and Everyone Here
  • rozaroo
    rozaroo Member Posts: 665
    Options
    MarineE5 said:

    Working
    Hondo,

    I can't add much to what the others have already mentioned. But, I can say this. When I do stop in here to read the posts, I see yours and always find them to be upbeat and with a positive attitude. It helps people place one foot in front of the other to move through their days and achieve their goals in beating this beast.

    Positive thoughts and Prayers headed your way and skyward.

    My Best to You and Everyone Here

    Hondo!
    You have alway's been here for us all with your positive attitude, great knowledge & support. I understand what you are going through as the same has happened to me with my last
    pet/ct scan. I just wish for you to know that my thought's & prayer's are with you & I look forward to hearing that all is well & you are doing great!
    God Bless
    Roz
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    rozaroo said:

    Hondo!
    You have alway's been here for us all with your positive attitude, great knowledge & support. I understand what you are going through as the same has happened to me with my last
    pet/ct scan. I just wish for you to know that my thought's & prayer's are with you & I look forward to hearing that all is well & you are doing great!
    God Bless
    Roz

    Survivor
    Hondo,

    To me, you pretty much define the term Survivor. If every person on H&N were asked who they received the most support from and who is one of their top friends on this site, I bet you would be at the top of the list. You gotta know that all your friends are behind you as usual!

    Positive thoughts!

    Greg
  • timreichhart
    timreichhart Member Posts: 194
    Options
    Greg53 said:

    Survivor
    Hondo,

    To me, you pretty much define the term Survivor. If every person on H&N were asked who they received the most support from and who is one of their top friends on this site, I bet you would be at the top of the list. You gotta know that all your friends are behind you as usual!

    Positive thoughts!

    Greg

    hondo
    hondo I hope everything comes back clean next time when you get a PET scan and I am hoping my PET scan comes back clean for this year when I get it done in sometime in oct.
  • greg from pa
    greg from pa Member Posts: 86
    Options
    Hi Hondo, sorry to hear
    Hi Hondo, sorry to hear about the pet scan lighting up. From my very first time on the board I saw you as a 1st class fighter. My prayers are with you brother. And here's to continuing the good fight of faith. Stay strong. Greg
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Family
    Thanks for your kind words and continue prayers and support that is what makes CSN a great place it is friends like all of you here that I consider my family. I am a little under the weather today, guess I picked up a bug at MD Anderson, hope I feel better tomorrow.

    Thanks again
    Hondo