Options
2»

Comments

• tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    Options

try and get some rest
    tina,

i am sorry to hear that your son and husband are so needing of medical help at the same time. just do the best you can and try and look after yourself, as you are carer for both.

prayers,

pete

Pete
    thank you so much Pete for your prayers hugs tina
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    Options
    pscott1 said:

Tina...first of all, I'm so
    Tina...first of all, I'm so sorry you're going thru this with both your son and husband. I too have been the caregiver and the only thing that saved my sanity and kept me going at times was believe it or not, stepping away for even 20 or 30 minutes to do something what I considered to be my "normal" routine. Run and get a coffee at my favorite place (Starbucks) and sit in a compfy chair to drink it by myself, call or visit a friend and draw strength from them, read a devotional type book, or just sit quietly somewhere. I too, if I were close to you physically, would help however I possibly could. You'd be surprised how much friends and neighbors are willing to help if you just reach out to them. Yesterday on Dress in Blue Day, my entire group of co-workers from 2 locations dressed in blue, had blue ribbons made with my name embroidered on them (and wore them), and took up a collection for me to help me with medical bills. People truly want to help, sometimes they're at a loss as to how to help. I would say reach out to someone you confide in and give them a shot at lending you a hand. I will be praying for you to have strength and peace. Take care.

Pam

Tina
    I know what it is like to be the sole caregiver I too had no help, even when my husband passed away I was all along (to my family's defense they all live out of state) and with a mil in the nursing home calling me twice a day to tell me how bad her life is I thought I would lose it! My friends talked me into seeing someone, although I never really was one to do that kind of thing it really does help. Dr gave me some meds and the therapist is really great. Someone yu can let all these feelings out to who is not a relative and for some reason you can speak moe freely.

In any event I hope your son is doing better and that Jorges treatments are not too hard on him

((Hugs))

Kathy
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Tina
    I am so glad you updated + your son is out of the hospital. I have been thinking about both of you.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    AnneCan said:

Tina
    I am so glad you updated + your son is out of the hospital. I have been thinking about both of you.

Good for you Tina......
    Usually when things get bad they then start to turn around and give us a little reprieve..Maybe this is yours....Love to you and yours......Clift
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Tina
    Tina, I am late with this reply. But I read so many good thoughts and advice here. I hope you get some good ideas and from the Dr too. You are doing such a good job with your family. It's time for some help somewhere.

Just want you to know I'm thinking about you too!

Gail
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Too much
    Oh, Tina.

You have so much on your shoulders! If the family is not going to be of any use to you, I think you should ask friends. There must be someone you're close to who can give you a little relief. I'm glad the doctor is going to help you find someone to talk to.Hopefully that will help a lot.

Praying for you, my dear.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    dear Tina
    Hi Tina,

I'm sorry for all you're going through and hope and pray that your son is now alright.
    I actually tried to reply to your thread yesterday, but that's when my laptop went cuckoo and I then had to rectify a virus that was trying to get in. So when I clicked on your thread here today, I scrolled down looking for my reply & guess it never got in.
    Anyhow, I hope that today things are going better- I am praying for you, your son, and of course your hubby Jorge right now.

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • okthen
    okthen Member Posts: 232
    Options
    Tina, I am so sorry I missed
    Tina, I am so sorry I missed this post, I will still be sending prayers and thoughts your way tonight. Bless your heart!
    Chriss