weight loss?

Options
2»

Comments

• KristynRuth86
    KristynRuth86 Member Posts: 140
    Options

PEG or not to PEG that is the question
    I was against the PEG but did see a gastroenterologist on the insistence of my radiation oncologist. I did not need a PEG but have lost 60 lbs since ending treatment December 3, 2011 and continue to lose. If your mom decides not to go with the PEG I would check out recipes for your own smoothies. I like the DANON yogurt site and their recipes for yogurt smoothies are a staple in my diet. Here is an example of my favorite breakfast smoothie made with Dannon Yogurt

I use 2 scoop vanila EAS protein powder. = 23 grams protein
    1 cup Dannon vanilla yogurt
    1 ripe banana
    2 tsp peanut butter smooth not chunky
    tsp cinnamon
    2 ice cubes (you can add more if you want it more like an icee)

Blend in a Magic Bullet or regular home blender.

Drink and enjoy.

PS I am a huge fan of the Magic Bullet, you can buy them most anyplace now but they have great deals to buy one on TV usually on late at night. Mine was a gift and the best gift I received during my cancer treatment.

Prayers for your mom that she can maintain her weight.

PS - most importantly so she can eat make sure her doctors give her RX for lidocaine mouth rinse / or magic mouthwash as it numbs the mouth / throat so she can eat and drink to stay hydrated and health. If her doctors dont know what magic mouthwash is or lidocaine mouth rinse call the pharmacy at MD Anderson Cancer Center they can educate your doctor. Or contact the Head and Neck Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center for an opinion. This is where I go and I love my doctors, nurses and physician's assistant. They are the best.

I'll just repeat what
    I'll just repeat what everyone else has said.. PEG I was 5'5 and 165 before treatment, 120 after and 125 5 months post treatment, so 105 will DEFINITELY not need to lose any weight. Good luck to your mom.
    Lots of love,
    Kristyn
  • ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

I'll just repeat what
    I'll just repeat what everyone else has said.. PEG I was 5'5 and 165 before treatment, 120 after and 125 5 months post treatment, so 105 will DEFINITELY not need to lose any weight. Good luck to your mom.
    Lots of love,
    Kristyn

33% die from malnutrition
    According to the National Cancer Institute, about one-third of all cancer deaths are related to malnutrition. Get the peg, you don't have to use it.