Does this pathology report look complete to you ?

dayemdom
dayemdom Member Posts: 28
I have posted many times before about my mom cancer and received some helpful information but the problem is with my mom's oncologists. The first oncologist wanted to treat my mom for breast cancer based on the pathology report. The biopsied tissues were removed from tumors in her back. Her second oncologist said that the pathology report is not accurate enough and he doubts that the tumors in her back came from her breast and waned to repeat the biopsy at his center. The blood tests he requested revealed that she may have colon, pancreas or ovarian cancer. But he is still waiting for the pathology report and ordered a PET scan, My mom is in a lot of pain due to the tumors in her back and we really feel bad for her especially that she wanted to start the treatment with the first oncologist but we convinced her to seek a second opinion and then wait until the biopsy is repeated. Would you please look at the first pathology report below and tell us if it looks fine or as the second oncologist told us is not complete. Thank you.

clinical history:
spinal tumor. Thyroid surgery>10 years ago
lung tumors are noted too.
gross description:
1.spinal tumor "1" formalin
received are five irregular pieces of tan brown soft tissue measuring in aggregate 2.5x2x0.5 cm
submitted in toto in one block.
2.spinal tumor"2"
received are six irregular pieces of tan brown soft tissue measuring 3x3x1 cm.the largest piece measures 2.2x1.5x1 cm
totally submitted(2A-2C)
3.spinal tumor "3".formalin:
received are multiple irregular pieces of tan white soft tissue measuring in aggregate 1.5x1.5x0.5 cm
submitted in toto in one block.
DIAGNOSIS:
1.2@3 spine,excision:
invasive adenocarcinoma favoring
breast carcinoma primary.

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    I really wish I could help
    I really wish I could help you, but, I am not an oncologist and wouldn't know if my opinion was right or wrong.

I am very sorry for all of this confusion inre to your Mother's path report and what cancer she does have.

I can send prayers and hugs to you and your Mother. I pray that you will get the answers and fully understand this.

Good luck, Debby
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I have never seen pathology report
    I have never seen one , heard any # etc..etc...I must be only one...mmmm
  • dayemdom
    dayemdom Member Posts: 28

I have never seen pathology report
    I have never seen one , heard any # etc..etc...I must be only one...mmmm

We just received a call from
    We just received a call from the second oncologist. He said that the results are similar to the results in the first pathology report. The source is not confirmed. It could e breast, lung or bone. She is doing a PET scan on Monday and will see him on Tuesday. Hopefully with the PET scan he will be able to start he treatment. He blood test last week showed something not right in her pancreas, ovaries and colon. I don't know if that means that the caner has already spread to those organs. He surgeon told her that she has a cancer a month ago and she has been in pain for almost 4 month before. This is caring us since things are moving very slowly. Hope you all have a good day.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    dayemdom said:

We just received a call from
    We just received a call from the second oncologist. He said that the results are similar to the results in the first pathology report. The source is not confirmed. It could e breast, lung or bone. She is doing a PET scan on Monday and will see him on Tuesday. Hopefully with the PET scan he will be able to start he treatment. He blood test last week showed something not right in her pancreas, ovaries and colon. I don't know if that means that the caner has already spread to those organs. He surgeon told her that she has a cancer a month ago and she has been in pain for almost 4 month before. This is caring us since things are moving very slowly. Hope you all have a good day.

Dayemdom ... Good Luck to mom on Monday,
    please let us know how the Pet scan turns out. I bet Mom is happy to have you in her corner, helping during the very difficult time.!

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam