Newspaper article

Double Whammy
Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

Comments

• creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Second Hand Smoke
    Suzanne, this is an interesting article, but has been circulating for several years. I was not a smoker, but lived in a household where everyone but me smoked. My parents were two pack a day smokers, and my sister eventually became a smoker. I married a man who had smoked since he was 12, and lived in his second hand smoke for 18 years. Fast forward twenty-two years, and I take a job as a blackjack dealer after retiring from the banking business.....constantly around smokers who felt that the dealers were not there, and were oblivious to the direction they choose to blow their smoke. I think my exposure to second hand smoke was definitely a factor in my bc diagnosis. Just wish the public, especially those who smoke, would find this information valid, and avoid causing others to have to breath their foul air. Do you think this will happen?.....me either! We all just have to make choices to be in places that have clean air, and avoid people who are rude with their smoking habits. That is a full time job, by the way, so other than staying in the confines of our own home, we will be exposed to second hand smoke, no matter where we venture out. Thanks for sharing this article. Hugs, Judy
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950

Second Hand Smoke
    Suzanne, this is an interesting article, but has been circulating for several years. I was not a smoker, but lived in a household where everyone but me smoked. My parents were two pack a day smokers, and my sister eventually became a smoker. I married a man who had smoked since he was 12, and lived in his second hand smoke for 18 years. Fast forward twenty-two years, and I take a job as a blackjack dealer after retiring from the banking business.....constantly around smokers who felt that the dealers were not there, and were oblivious to the direction they choose to blow their smoke. I think my exposure to second hand smoke was definitely a factor in my bc diagnosis. Just wish the public, especially those who smoke, would find this information valid, and avoid causing others to have to breath their foul air. Do you think this will happen?.....me either! We all just have to make choices to be in places that have clean air, and avoid people who are rude with their smoking habits. That is a full time job, by the way, so other than staying in the confines of our own home, we will be exposed to second hand smoke, no matter where we venture out. Thanks for sharing this article. Hugs, Judy

I could be the poster child for this one!
    My dad was a 2 pack a day man, and I started in college and smoked heavily until my 40's.My ex husband also smoked heavily.
    I was diagnosed at 59...close to the 20 year mark and post menopausal. My dad developed lung cancer, and throat cancer , which was one of the reasons I finally quit. Oh well, at least my daughter will never smoke, although she was exposed to our smoke when she was little. Pretty scary!