medical team

jphilpo
jphilpo Member Posts: 177
I have been reading with interest the posts about how to talk to your drs. and the ones that are better at conversations than others. It's so helpful to know (as always) that there are others out there who think and feel the same way I do.

I have been very lucky with my medical team, surgeon, oncologist, rad dr. and nurses plastic surgeon, etc...

I just wanted to give a shout out to the nurses out there! I am a talker and I need that so much! I know I can't call and speak to the dr. on a whim, but the nurses have always been kind and available. I wasn't sure about the oncolgy nurse, but she warmed up to me and now I feel very comfortable calling about anything. It has made a huge difference in my comfort zone.
Thanks for all the helpful posts,

Jean

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Hugs to the good onc nurses!
    Here is an amazing shout out to oncology nurses. My onc nurse 24 years ago, Cynthia, was about the same age as me. I was 33 back then and she helped me get through my chemo every step of the way. And she never missed my vein (I didn't have a port).

Fast forward to 2010 and Cynthia just became the charge nurse of the same oncology center where I am being treated (different town). She sought me out when she saw my name and came to check on me. When I told her about my markers being elevated a couple of weeks ago and how I would need to schedule a PET and bone scan soon there, Cynthia went and found the scheduling nurse and had her schedule my scans asap. Cynthia is a doll and is still helping me after 24 years!
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member

Hugs to the good onc nurses!
    Here is an amazing shout out to oncology nurses. My onc nurse 24 years ago, Cynthia, was about the same age as me. I was 33 back then and she helped me get through my chemo every step of the way. And she never missed my vein (I didn't have a port).

Fast forward to 2010 and Cynthia just became the charge nurse of the same oncology center where I am being treated (different town). She sought me out when she saw my name and came to check on me. When I told her about my markers being elevated a couple of weeks ago and how I would need to schedule a PET and bone scan soon there, Cynthia went and found the scheduling nurse and had her schedule my scans asap. Cynthia is a doll and is still helping me after 24 years!

Agreed!
    I have found that all the doctors and nurses that have been a part of my care have all been so very supportive and helpful. One good memory in particular was when I returned to the hospital to have my port removed. The nurses remembered me from my port insertion and they all gave me a little cheer for being done with chemo. It was an unexpected moment of compassion that brough tears to my eyes. I can't say enough about people that work in this field. They must have huge hearts and I am forever grateful.