Is It Good Or Bad? And I'm New...

Hello everyone, my name is Katie, I'm 22, a wife and mother, college student and recent cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with Hodgekins in June and went through 6 months of chemo. I have been coming on this network for a while now but never really signed up. I was told by my onco. that my cancer was gone in January but the pain that led to my diagnosis has come back. When I was first diagnosed my doctor said I had to go through 6 months of treatment twice a month then possible radiation. I had a huge mass in my chest and nodes in both of my lungs. At the end of my treatment and after a CT and PET he said I didn't have to do radiation. I mean it's good that I didn't have to do radiation but does that mean I have more of a chance to relapse? I know these are questions for my Dr. but I'm afraid to get bad news from him. I also went through severe bone pain while on neupogen. No pain killers worked, we tried everything and the pain was always severe, it didn't let up until I stopped the shots and went two days without them. I never finished shots and he eventually told me we ran out of pain killers and now I can't take the shots. Does that mean I will relapse? My husband thinks the pain has returned because I have scarred tissue. I know these are a lot of questions but I'm scared right now.

Comments

• COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Sunnysideupmom
    First of all welcome to the site,even though its not the place you want to be you will find nothing but support here. I know you are scared and I was too when i heard my diagnosis, It is perfectly normal. What was your initial diagnosis. Lymphoma is graded and staged. We can be more help to you if we know that. It is possible you are getting a little ahead of yourself with thinking relapse. Try to relax and take a deep breath and fill us in with the diagnosis. We are here to help and thats what you will get. I can name several people who will respond and stick with you thru all this. Please stick with us. John(NON-HODGKINS LYMPHOMA-GRADE 1- STAGE 4 DIAGNOSED 5/2010 REMISSION