Latissimus flap reconstruction and exercise issues

terrapin914
terrapin914 Member Posts: 1
Is there anyone out there who's a runner or a golfer and who's had left breast mastectomy with latis flap reconstruction (and an implant)? How long after final reconstruction were you able to resume running or golf?

Thanks!

Mary

Comments

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    I didn't have
    flap but I did have a double mastectomy with expanders and exchange surgery. I don't play golf, but I am a runner (or I should say that I like to run - lol!). I was told that I could not do repetitive exercise for my upper body for a month after surgery. It was a long month but I really didn't want to mess up anything so I did as I was told. In the end I was happy with my results. I hope you will be happy with your results as well. Hang in there!

Clementine
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077

I didn't have
    flap but I did have a double mastectomy with expanders and exchange surgery. I don't play golf, but I am a runner (or I should say that I like to run - lol!). I was told that I could not do repetitive exercise for my upper body for a month after surgery. It was a long month but I really didn't want to mess up anything so I did as I was told. In the end I was happy with my results. I hope you will be happy with your results as well. Hang in there!

Clementine

Well.....
    I am not a golfer, or a runner....sometimes on my treadmill, but i am a shopper!! And I was out shopping after Thanksgiving sales 6 weeks later. My girlfriend carried my heavy bags, but i had stamina and felt great. All in all it took about maybe 6 mo to feel like the flap and implant were a part of my body. And I exercise regularly between treadmill, yoga and dancing.
    Melanie