AlloDerm recall

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
A while ago someone wrote about having had AlloDerm used in their reconstruction and had a failure. I had seen a couple of 'Lawyer ads" on TV about an AlloDerm recall when used in hernia surgery but wasn't able to have a pen handy to get the number.

Anywho - I just saw the ad again and the number is 1-800-639-9032 in case anyone is interested. The ad does not mention it's use in breast reconstruction but it only makes sense (to me anyway) that if it's failing in abdominal suregery, it'll fail in breast surgery. Worth a free call.

Susan

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    AlloDerm Recall
    LifeCell Corporation initiated a VOLUNTARY recall of certain AlloDerm, Repliform, and GraftJacket products from the marketplace on September 30, 2005. The recall was prompted when internal quality processes raised questions about the donor documentation received from ONE tissue recovery organization. Specifically, the company recalled all lots of product that were produced using tissue from Biomedical Tissue Services (BTS). LifeCell works with more than 40 other tissue recovery organizations that are NOT affected by this recall.

If you want more information on this recall you can contact the Consumer Affairs Branch of the FDA directly at 301-827-1800 or via email at ocod@fda.hhs.gov

Hope this is of some help.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member

AlloDerm Recall
    LifeCell Corporation initiated a VOLUNTARY recall of certain AlloDerm, Repliform, and GraftJacket products from the marketplace on September 30, 2005. The recall was prompted when internal quality processes raised questions about the donor documentation received from ONE tissue recovery organization. Specifically, the company recalled all lots of product that were produced using tissue from Biomedical Tissue Services (BTS). LifeCell works with more than 40 other tissue recovery organizations that are NOT affected by this recall.

If you want more information on this recall you can contact the Consumer Affairs Branch of the FDA directly at 301-827-1800 or via email at ocod@fda.hhs.gov

Hope this is of some help.

I didn't have any recon yet
    I didn't have any recon yet but a while ago there was someone here (I don't remember who now) who said they had had a problem/failure with their recon that AlloDerm had been used in. Where I saw the ad on TV I wrote down the number and posted it - just in case someone might want it.

Susan