Options
2»

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Though I admire, no ENVY all
    Though I admire, no ENVY all of the topless sisters, I never, ever did...not once, not ever. I hated seeing myself without hair...hated my Reggie to see me that way, hated my family seeing me that way~ they didn't care at all, it was 100% me! It was hot, hot, hot in California too, and I was so miserable! But I went to bed with a bandana on, and got up (hopefully) earlier than Reggie to put it back on, as I knew it came off in my sleep. I wore a hot hot wig, and false eyelashes if I went out in public. I simply hated everything that screamed cancer!!! I remember being so blasted hot at the 4th of July celebration, but I just couldn't do otherwise. I am in treatment for a recurrance right now~almost 8 years after my original diagnosis. My oncologist says I no doubt will eventually need chemo again~ I wonder if my self image has changed and that I won't care! I also hope my Dr is wrong and that I never find out! LOL

I didn't have chemo, so, no
    I didn't have chemo, so, no hair loss. But, several of the women that I have met at my Cancer Center either go with nothing on, or, wear a bandana.

I really admire all of you that go thru chemo and go thru all of the side effects.

Wishing you all well!
  • hikerchick
    hikerchick Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Dbl mast
    Having had a double mastectomy without reconstruction, I read this post to see if you were referring to going without prostheses or without any shirt at all! Ha!
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    I did the first time around,
    I did the first time around, or wore a baseball cap. This time invested in a wig, not too good at the wig though. Usually wear a cap or hat, only because it is so cold here, and my boys prefer if I go with them that I wear a hat or cover my head. But I go topless when it is hot and in my home!