lifting after tram flap surgery

betht123
betht123 Member Posts: 1
I am having a single mastectomy and tram flap surgery in 2 weeks. I am concerned about lifting after the tram flap surgery. I know for several weeks I will be limited but what about 6 months down the road? Will I be able to lift my grandchildren?

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I lifted anything I wanted
    I lifted anything I wanted after tram surgery and never thought about it. Years later, I had to have back surgery and am now limited to lifting 30 lbs, but that's another issue. Tram never limited me at all (except while healing).
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

I lifted anything I wanted
    I lifted anything I wanted after tram surgery and never thought about it. Years later, I had to have back surgery and am now limited to lifting 30 lbs, but that's another issue. Tram never limited me at all (except while healing).

minimum of 8 weeks after the surgery
    you should not lift more than 5 pounds and avoid stenos activity.Please talk to your doctor - PLASTIC SURGEON for exact instructions asking all important questions.This surgery recovery usually takes longer than others and up to 12 months to gain strengths. Affected arm will have restrictions on weight as well. After my DIEP flap I followed my doctors instruction while in healing and recovery.
    Good luck with your surgery