Checking in, it has been awhile ***Colonoscopy update**2/28

Options
khl8
khl8 Member Posts: 807
edited February 2011 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Greetings all!
Yes I have been reprimanded for not checking in, Life has been crazy busy since my return from London. My life has changed since that trip for the better, My husband had an epiphnay and realized just how much he loves me and missed me and decided that he needed to jump on the train with me or I was leaving him at the station, so alot of time has been spent together reconnecting.
Last May I had to make the heart wrenching decision to put my 14 year old dog, Shelby down, she was old, sick and it was time. I have missed her so much and swore no more dogs in the house. she was the one there for me when I was on chemo and recouperating from all the surgeries, dogs just know when you are sick and having here by my side made in easeir.
Well, the BIG NEWS is that I have adopted a new dog, I really missed having one in the house, and when I realized that as much as I wanted "my " dog back, and we know that cannot happen, I decided that it was time. and we did it up big time!
we found a dog that needed a new home, his owner could not keep him because of an allergy and asthma with his finace. So, we went to meet Max and I fell instantly inlove with him after the inital shock of seeing him in person. You see, Max is a mutt, he is part German shepard, Lab and Great Dane! He weighs 117 pounds! However, he is impecably trained knosa all his commands, does not get on the furniture and is a perfect Gentleman! He is about 3 years old and now the love of my life!!
I have posted a pic of him on my expressions page next to my son who is about 6 feet tall!
So Between the new relationship with my husband, the new doggie, and work . my life is going full speed ahead!
I am feeling good.
Today though is the dreaded bowel prep for the yearly colonoscopy tomorrow! YUK! I always get nervous when testing comes around, but this time I have my buddy Max to keep my mind occupied!
I won't be gone so long next time!
Hugs to all!
Kathy

Comments

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    hello khl8
    you sound like you have been busy.i just want to comment about animals.in sept 08 i was dx stage 3 had the whole treatment thing surgery and chemo.on jan 19,2011 had my yearly ct and found 2 spots on my liver.so as i sit here today i have been dx stage 4 with mets to liver and lung.2 years ago when i was first dx a sray dog showed up.he was very skittish and it took us a long time to earn his trust.he is still with us today and loving his new found family.my point being he helped me thru my first dx and he will be there thru my recurrance.i also have horses too.they are good listeners and are great for hugs around the neck.nice to meet you and dont spoil that new dog too much LOL...Godbless....johnnybegood
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    goodluck with colonoscopy and max sounds great
    hi kathy,
    as i can tell you know already they are mans best friend, max sounds great. i love my dogs toby and moby as well.

i hope you get good results from your colonoscopy.

checkin when you can here.

pete
  • khl8
    Options

hello khl8
    you sound like you have been busy.i just want to comment about animals.in sept 08 i was dx stage 3 had the whole treatment thing surgery and chemo.on jan 19,2011 had my yearly ct and found 2 spots on my liver.so as i sit here today i have been dx stage 4 with mets to liver and lung.2 years ago when i was first dx a sray dog showed up.he was very skittish and it took us a long time to earn his trust.he is still with us today and loving his new found family.my point being he helped me thru my first dx and he will be there thru my recurrance.i also have horses too.they are good listeners and are great for hugs around the neck.nice to meet you and dont spoil that new dog too much LOL...Godbless....johnnybegood

Too Late, he is already
    Too Late, he is already spoiled! I am in love with this dog!
  • khl8
    Options

goodluck with colonoscopy and max sounds great
    hi kathy,
    as i can tell you know already they are mans best friend, max sounds great. i love my dogs toby and moby as well.

i hope you get good results from your colonoscopy.

checkin when you can here.

pete

Pete, you are so right, but
    Pete, you are so right, but im my case He is a woman's best friend! he he
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Hey, dearheart!
    LOVE the 'new man' in your life!!!!

My golden retriever, Rusty, was also MY dog...he was civil to anyone I said was alright (including my hubby of the time..lol), but anyone else...NO WAY!!!!

Dutch knuffels, Kathi
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    WOW!
    Kathy,

I am so happy for you that things are going so well! It sounds like that trip was worth the cost + more! To rejuvenate a marriage is amazing! Your dog looks beautiful Enjoy everything to the fulleset. I hope the colonoscopy goes well.
  • khl8
    Options
    KathiM said:

Hey, dearheart!
    LOVE the 'new man' in your life!!!!

My golden retriever, Rusty, was also MY dog...he was civil to anyone I said was alright (including my hubby of the time..lol), but anyone else...NO WAY!!!!

Dutch knuffels, Kathi

Kathi,
    I cannot beleive how

Kathi,
    I cannot beleive how much I love this dog. He is way large for my house, but his is so well mannered that his size does not matter! He has made an impression on every one he comes in contact with!

Kathy
  • khl8
    Options
    AnneCan said:

WOW!
    Kathy,

I am so happy for you that things are going so well! It sounds like that trip was worth the cost + more! To rejuvenate a marriage is amazing! Your dog looks beautiful Enjoy everything to the fulleset. I hope the colonoscopy goes well.

yes the marriage has been
    yes the marriage has been rejuvnated. while I was in London, i posted pictures everyday on Facebook of the trip and my husband said and I quote " I have not seen that smile on your face in years" and he realized just how much I mean to him! even when I faced cancer he did not get it, but take a trip without him and Wow!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Good news
    Praying for great colonoscopy results! I'm so glad you and your husband are reconnecting. Wonderful!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    great news
    Hi Kathy,

Sounds like you've had a lot going on, but in a very good way! Glad to hear about the new dog- Max sounds great! So glad things are good with your husband & glad you checked in with us! Best wishes on the nasty bowel prep and on the colonoscopy. Please let us know how that goes-

Take care,
    Lisa
  • khl8
    Options
    lisa42 said:

great news
    Hi Kathy,

Sounds like you've had a lot going on, but in a very good way! Glad to hear about the new dog- Max sounds great! So glad things are good with your husband & glad you checked in with us! Best wishes on the nasty bowel prep and on the colonoscopy. Please let us know how that goes-

Take care,
    Lisa

Colonoscopy was good, 2
    Colonoscopy was good, 2 small polyps removed that doc feels are absolutly nothing to worry about!