Sorry that I haven been posting

Not sure how long its been since my last post, been dealing with some medical issues, right after the new year i had to go to the ER due to blood in my urine and severe pain in my stomach, doc said it wasnt a kidney stone, but had a hard time figuring out what was causing it, i asked him if retuxin could have done it and he said he wouldnt not rule it out, but nor would he say it was possible, i never in my life had anything like that happen to me, i saw the oncologist this last monday and told her i was also having rapid heart beats and shortness of breath with night sweats again, she examined under my rib cage and i told her her it felt funny in that area, so she has ordered a PET scan for friday, she had lab cultures done also. So you know whats going thru my mind right now,and the "what ifs" start. I have been dealing with this demon going on 3 yrs, been in remission almost a year, hopefully its nothing serious, but that thought is in my mind the possibilty that its back, i have been trying hard to keep optimistic, keeping busy etc.Thanks for letting me vent.Its going to be a long week,wont know the results of the scan until most likely monday latest tuesday, so please wish me luck.
Chris FNHL-stage3-04/08

Comments

• bluerose
    bluerose Member Posts: 1,104
    Good luck Chris
    Sorry to hear you are having more medical issues after your lymphoma diagnosis and treatments.

I too had NHL but years ago and just a thought, have they looked at your uterus at all? Reason I ask is because I developed a node on my ovary they found by accident, they followed me with pelvic ultrasounds for about a year then all of a sudden they said the lining of my uterus had thickened and there were cysts in that lining. I know you said there was blood in your urine but just wondered if the blood could be from your uterus too? Maybe it's a long shot but hey why not ask to have a look at your uterus and ovaries as well even. Maybe the scan you will have will show them anywho.

Hope your results turn out okay and this is nothing big. Waiting and praying eh? Over and over, I know how it is.

Take care.

Blessings,

Bluerose
  • Chris17
    Chris17 Member Posts: 175
    bluerose said:

Good luck Chris
    Sorry to hear you are having more medical issues after your lymphoma diagnosis and treatments.

I too had NHL but years ago and just a thought, have they looked at your uterus at all? Reason I ask is because I developed a node on my ovary they found by accident, they followed me with pelvic ultrasounds for about a year then all of a sudden they said the lining of my uterus had thickened and there were cysts in that lining. I know you said there was blood in your urine but just wondered if the blood could be from your uterus too? Maybe it's a long shot but hey why not ask to have a look at your uterus and ovaries as well even. Maybe the scan you will have will show them anywho.

Hope your results turn out okay and this is nothing big. Waiting and praying eh? Over and over, I know how it is.

Take care.

Blessings,

Bluerose

thanks bluerose
    I had a hystorectomy 10 yrs ago so it wouldnt be that, was a total one.Thanks i hope it will be nothing serious and will post when i find out more
    Chris
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    So sorry!
    Hi Chris,
    I'm so sorry you are dealing with this new situation..UGH! Were you still getting rituxan treatments the first of the year when this pain in your stomach and blood in your urine started happening? I just started my rituxan maint on Feb 14th and I am constantly watching for side affects and thinking to myself "when" will the cancer return. I've read extensively about rituxan and all of the various side affects and there are some possible issues involving the heart and shortness of breath reported. Your night swets, pain in your stomach and blood in the urine certainly warrant a scan and I'm so very glad this will take place soon for you. My heart goes out to you with the worry and anxious feelings you are going through. I try hard to keep positive thoughts,(most of the time), but knowing this darn stuff will return "someday" can be hard to deal with when I'm not feeling just right...(little short of breath...tired...achey)..these are the times my positive thinking wavers. The next 5 days are going to feel like months to you, but keep coming here if you get too anxious...we will boost you up girlfriend, or at least try too. I'll keep good positive thoughts and say extra prayers! Take care and know you are in my thoughts.
    Much love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    hard to wait!
    Hi Chris,
    It is so nice to hear from you again. I am so sorry that you are going through such tough times. It's always scary when things happen to us and we don't know the reason why. I sure am glad that you are getting a PET scan. That should help lessen your fears. The way I look at it is this, if the scan shows no activity, then you may need to look elsehwere for your answers, and if the scan does light up, well then you know what and how to treat the next phase. I will keep you in my prayers and think only positive thoughts for a negative scan, even if that means you will have to keep looking for an answer. Stay strong and if you need us, we are here for you.
    peaceful healing
    Lisha
  • Chris17
    forme said:

hard to wait!
    Hi Chris,
    It is so nice to hear from you again. I am so sorry that you are going through such tough times. It's always scary when things happen to us and we don't know the reason why. I sure am glad that you are getting a PET scan. That should help lessen your fears. The way I look at it is this, if the scan shows no activity, then you may need to look elsehwere for your answers, and if the scan does light up, well then you know what and how to treat the next phase. I will keep you in my prayers and think only positive thoughts for a negative scan, even if that means you will have to keep looking for an answer. Stay strong and if you need us, we are here for you.
    peaceful healing
    Lisha

thank you Sue and Lisha
    Thank you both so much, Lisha i know you have had a hard time and you are a strong lady, Sue i finished my rituxan in October, the 28th, and had numerous sinus infections which i found out from my onc that its common for rituxan users,which i didint know at the time i was having the sinus problems, and yes its going to be a long weekend for sure but i have been thru this many times before so i am used to waiting.All i can do is think positive, again ladies thank you for the support , it means alot to me
    Chris
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    Chris17 said:

thank you Sue and Lisha
    Thank you both so much, Lisha i know you have had a hard time and you are a strong lady, Sue i finished my rituxan in October, the 28th, and had numerous sinus infections which i found out from my onc that its common for rituxan users,which i didint know at the time i was having the sinus problems, and yes its going to be a long weekend for sure but i have been thru this many times before so i am used to waiting.All i can do is think positive, again ladies thank you for the support , it means alot to me
    Chris

Praying for you
    Hi, Chris,

Oh, that is a long wait for you to find out the scan info! I know how that is when fears return. Recently, I start to have hot flashes which is a new routine. But that reminded me of night sweats before my diagnosis and I shudder. Since I had Hodgkins, I never used Rituxan for my treatment so I don't have this experience. Today, I received the news after waiting for one week that I am in remission from the scan result so that is good but my onc said my lungs has damaged tissue from ABVD chemo but that will recover with time. Ugh.

I will be thinking of you in hopes that things will get easier for you in times ahead.

Liz
  • Chris17

Praying for you
    Hi, Chris,

Oh, that is a long wait for you to find out the scan info! I know how that is when fears return. Recently, I start to have hot flashes which is a new routine. But that reminded me of night sweats before my diagnosis and I shudder. Since I had Hodgkins, I never used Rituxan for my treatment so I don't have this experience. Today, I received the news after waiting for one week that I am in remission from the scan result so that is good but my onc said my lungs has damaged tissue from ABVD chemo but that will recover with time. Ugh.

I will be thinking of you in hopes that things will get easier for you in times ahead.

Liz

thank you Liz
    Thank you Liz and congratulations on your remission! i am so happy for you, i know the relief you feel now, as soon as i find out the results i will post. Again thanks, you guys are wonderful.
    Chris
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Chris17 said:

thank you Sue and Lisha
    Chris

sucks
    I'm sorry to hear that you have to deal with the what ifs!!! Sending nothing but positive thoughts your way Vinny
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    Tomorrow Friday
    Hello Chris,

I am so sorry you are having worrisome problems. Keep a positive outlook, and try not to worry too much. Yeh right. For the past 2 days I too have been having pains in my stomach. I have always had a problem with gas pockets. Eventually I passed the gas and the pain went away. I constantly worry about any pains in my stomach area. Back in Sept 09 I had terrible pains in my stomach. I was rushed to the hospital, had a ct scan which showed my small bowel perforated. I had to have my small bowel resected. This was caused by NHL.

Chris, please post the results of the scan as soon as you know. I will pray for you everything turns out to be nothing.

Love Maggie DX 09/09 extranodal marginal zone B cell NHL remission Jan 2011
  • Chris17

Tomorrow Friday
    Hello Chris,

I am so sorry you are having worrisome problems. Keep a positive outlook, and try not to worry too much. Yeh right. For the past 2 days I too have been having pains in my stomach. I have always had a problem with gas pockets. Eventually I passed the gas and the pain went away. I constantly worry about any pains in my stomach area. Back in Sept 09 I had terrible pains in my stomach. I was rushed to the hospital, had a ct scan which showed my small bowel perforated. I had to have my small bowel resected. This was caused by NHL.

Chris, please post the results of the scan as soon as you know. I will pray for you everything turns out to be nothing.

Love Maggie DX 09/09 extranodal marginal zone B cell NHL remission Jan 2011

thank you
    Thanks Vinny and Maggie for your thoughts and kind words, means alot and i will post as soon as i hear anything.
    Chris