Crazy question...

Options
nancyann3
nancyann3 Member Posts: 173 Member
edited February 2011 in Esophageal Cancer #1
I have a rather silly question. Steve's swollow test should be coming in a day or two. I was wondering if he will have a different feeling when he swollows or fluid goes down? I know his new stomach will fill up fast, but just wondered if it felt different going down. He has been perticular about how things felt going down since all this began and the stents, so just thought I could get some pointers for him.

He continues to do well, each day another tube seems to get taken out, so that is good. Today seemed to be a sore day and sleepy day, but has been up a couple times. He still has chest tubes in, so makes it hard to move. Like paul says, baby steps.

Take care
Nancy

Comments

• paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Options
    I don't remember it feeling "different"
    Nancy,

I don’t remember it feeling “different” when they did my swallow test. I remember I was very tentative about the first swallow because I was concerned that it might hurt or not work properly because it had been so long since I had swallowed anything. But it felt pretty normal.

Quite frankly I was so focused on the outcome of the x-ray I don’t really remember much about the sensation of swallowing. I remember they had me take a very small sip first and looked at the results of that, then they had me take progressively larger swallows until they were satisfied that things were working properly.

After I was done they gave me a popsicle, which I enjoyed very much.

I will be praying that Steve’s swallow test goes well and his pathology comes back cancer free.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    6/21/2010 CT Scan NED

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    Hi, I didn't feel any
    Hi, I didn't feel any difference with the swallow test. It felt normal. I know with the barium swallow, they can use differnt products. After my surgery the barium was extremely bitter,but I had only a swallow of that. I couldn't have drank more than one. They did this several times before I left the hospital. I don't remember how many. Since then my barium hasn't been bad tasting.
    Good Luck, Sandra
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator