One down, 5 to go

BMS
BMS Member Posts: 127
Hi, All. Well, after my 4 rounds of chemo last Fall (TCH), elevated liver enzymes, a two month break and lumpectomy surgery (which went well), I am back on the chemo train. I am having 6 weekly treatments of Taxol, with Herceptin every three week from now until September. I had the first treatment last Thursday of both the Taxol & Herceptin and so far, so good. Joint pain was the worst side effect, but Vicodin took care of that! Hope the rest go this easy.

Comments

• BMS
    Taxol
    So has anyone else had the severe joint pain from Taxol?
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I had taxotere, a cousin to
    I had taxotere, a cousin to taxol, and no joint pain from that. And no herceptin for me either, I'm triple negative. I'm glad this round hasn't been too bad for you.

I'm sorry you had reason to find us, but I think you'll find this is a great group of people. It's a great place to get your questions answered, vent, share jokes, etc. So come back, let us know how you're doing. Take care.

Hugs,

Linda
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

I had taxotere, a cousin to taxol, and no joint pain from that. And no herceptin for me either, I'm triple negative. I'm glad this round hasn't been too bad for you.

I'm sorry you had reason to find us, but I think you'll find this is a great group of people. It's a great place to get your questions answered, vent, share jokes, etc. So come back, let us know how you're doing. Take care.

Hugs,

Linda

I had Taxotere too and I had joint pain
    but I really think it was from the Neulasta injection after the chemo. That really made my bones and joints hurt for a couple of days.

The best of luck with your treatments--this place was a lifesaver for me. Such caring, wonderful people.

Keep us posted with your progress.

Hugs, Renee
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Hugs,

Linda

I didn't have taxol, but,
    I didn't have taxol, but, wanted to wish you all the best of luck with your treatment. Your pink sisters here will support you and be here for you, so, keep us updated on how you do.

Sue :)
  • BMS
    Ritzy said:

I didn't have taxol, but,
    I didn't have taxol, but, wanted to wish you all the best of luck with your treatment. Your pink sisters here will support you and be here for you, so, keep us updated on how you do.

Sue :)

2 down, 4 to go!
    I had my 2nd round of the Taxol yesterday and handling it pretty well. At least I am not sick like I was from the TCH. The joint pain will probably kick in over the weekend, but was managable with pain meds.

Thanks for all of the info.

Bonnie
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    BMS said:

2 down, 4 to go!
    I had my 2nd round of the Taxol yesterday and handling it pretty well. At least I am not sick like I was from the TCH. The joint pain will probably kick in over the weekend, but was managable with pain meds.

Thanks for all of the info.

Bonnie

Glad your 2nd round went
    Glad your 2nd round went pretty good for you. Hoping that the joint pain won't kick in at all for you.

Take care!