rads 2 start next week

tjohnson2310
tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
I will be starting rads sometime next week. I had a simulation this past Thursday. I will have 7 weeks of therapy. I hear it is not as bad as chemo but still I am nervous.

Comments

• Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Wow, another sister not
    Wow, another sister not sleeping. I hope youre not losing sleep over rads. The hard part is done. I had some redness, some of it started to look scary around mast scar. I used aquaphor and lidocaine mixture. It is a greasy mess. I was soothing though. I bought a few wife beater shirts to wear under reg shirts. Drank alot of fluids like with chemo cause it drys u out also. I was fatigued. They started my rads during my last 2 chemos. Go get zapped, then 7.5 hrs of chemo. They put me in a bed to sleep it off. Lol I have'nt heard of anyone else getting both done like that. Guess they thought I could handle it. Rads wasnt bad. 10 min. Sounds strange, but kind of missed going over there everyday. Had sepration anxiety I guess. I think you'll done just great. Keep us updated on how ur doing. I had 30 hits, no boosters. Strong hugs and positive energy, katz
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I start on Tuesday...so
    I start on Tuesday...so we'll hold hands for support. I'll be going 2x a day for 22 days. Let us know how you're doing.

Hugs,

Linda
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    hope all goes well
    I was very fortunate no side effects at all-i wish you the same!
  • disneyfan2008

I start on Tuesday...so
    I start on Tuesday...so we'll hold hands for support. I'll be going 2x a day for 22 days. Let us know how you're doing.

Hugs,

Linda

linda
    Ill be sending good thoughts you way also
  • disneyfan2008

I start on Tuesday...so

Hugs,

Linda

linda
  • disneyfan2008

I start on Tuesday...so

Hugs,

Linda

linda
  • disneyfan2008

I start on Tuesday...so

Hugs,

Linda

linda
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member

I start on Tuesday...so

Hugs,

Linda

ME TOO
    I go wednesday for dry run and then thursday i start also, so we'll all hold hands MOLLYZ
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    I only had chemo with no
    I only had chemo with no rads so im sorry i cant be of help to you on that but i just wanted to say i will be thinkin of you this Thursday when you start yours.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Rads were easy
    I started 25 Rads one week after last Taxol - I felt better every day. AFTER they were over was BAD - Burns.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

I start on Tuesday...so

Hugs,

Linda

Sending big hugs to all of you pink sisters!
    Sending big hugs to all of you starting rads!

Leeza
  • clokey
    clokey Member Posts: 3
    rads
    Its nothing like chemo. I have 17 more treatments left. The only thing is that I have some arm pain. I'm not sure if it due to radiation.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

I start on Tuesday...so

Hugs,

Linda

I think it is very normal
    I think it is very normal that we all get nervous before any treatment. It is the fear of the unknown. Rads are very doable and you will do fine I am sure. Keep us updated as to how you are doing.

Good luck,

Diane
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    8 down, 25 to go
    I started rads on 2/15. So far no problems other than I seem to be "allergic" to something in the room and want to cough. So I suck a hard candy and that solves the problem. I hope to be done with the 33 rads by 3/31! Our Relay for Life is on 4/1 and I plan to walk the track as a survivor!!
    I too was nervous before starting, but as with most of my "cancer" experiences, it wasn't anything to worry about. Silly me!
    Good luck,
    JoAnn
  • chriskaput
    chriskaput Member Posts: 109
    I'm almost done with Rads
    It's no big deal! The first4 weeks were fine. No burns just a little redness. Now in my 5th week and got some more burns, but I am using the creams (aquaphor for the first 4 weeks, then XClair which is working great). Cannot wear a bra and I am so happy it is still cold here in NY that I can get away with it! Overall this has been a breeze compared to chemo! You will do just fine.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    clokey said:

rads
    Its nothing like chemo. I have 17 more treatments left. The only thing is that I have some arm pain. I'm not sure if it due to radiation.

Wishing you the best with
    Wishing you the best with rads! How is it going for you so far?

Hugs, Megan
  • tjohnson2310
    tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
    thanks
    Thanks Ladies