Understanding histopathology

Hi to all. Have been following Linda's news. You are a very inspiring lady. I always come away from this site feeling great respect for all of you wherever you are.

I would like to ask a question about my results. My report says endometrial carcinoma grade 1, nuclear grade 2 with myometrial invasion 7mm of 14mm. Also mentions mitotic rate 15 per 10hpf.

I have been researching all of the above but reading clinical papers is a bit overwhelming. I know FIGO grading has been upgraded but what does it all mean expecially mitotic rate. It seems high to me.

I had radical laparascopic hysterectomy December 2010. Removal of uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries. No nodes were removed but they were examined by my surgeon during operation and she said they looked fine. I have not had any further treatment but am having 3 monthly follow up. I will talk to my doctor next visit about results.

I am doing mindfulness meditation (Jon Kabat-Zinn and juicing every day). Feeling pretty good physically except for backache, zinging sensitive feeling in breasts recently and still feel bloated. Have lost weight. Mentally really struggling.

I am so thankful to be able to share and read others experiences. Gives me encouragement and strength.

Love,
Tresia