carcinosarcoma

Options
anida
anida Member Posts: 1
hi everybody. my name is adina, i am from romania, bucharest. on 2010, octomber, my mother was diagnose having ovarian cancer. she suffers an surgical intervention.after this intervention, the result was: malign tumor, teratom. the tumors (both ovaries were affected) were remove, totally. in short time after surgical intervention my mom start chemotherapy with cisplatin and etoposite,2 hours per day five consecutive days. it was horrible,my mom stood in bed for 3 weeks. the oncologist ask for second analysis for tumors and the result was carcinosarcoma. the chemo treatment was changed. cisplatin and holoxan for 5 hours per day for 5 consecutive days (because holoxan can determine urinary bleeding the oncologist prescribe mesna). on january my mom made an CT scan and the scan didn t revel anything wrong, no metastatic signs. my concern is related to oncology decided to remove cisplatin from treatment schema because my mom develop kidney problem. should i be worry? i mean the treatment with cisplatin work and the kidney problems disappeared . i am very worried.

Comments

• mad1
    mad1 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    carcinosarcoma
    I have carcinosarcoma of the ovaries which is considered very rare. I have had 6 chemo treatmenta in 2009 of Taxol, Carboplatin and Genzar. I had 9 more treatments in 2010 with the same drugs. I have been very fortunate because my side effects were manageable and I have no sympton of other organ illness so far.
    Because this is a rare cancer the approach is different on where you are getting your treatment, and I know you are worried and so am I. I am checked every 4 months at the Cancer institute in Buffalo, NY. for the CA125 count. My understanding is that all countries have a different approach to cancer treatment. Keep in touch and let me know how she is doing. Let her know that I am feeling good and have gone 15 mo. without any treatment. Thinking of your mother and wishing the best.
    Mary Anne
  • Nadoush
    Nadoush Member Posts: 1
    Options
    mad1 said:

carcinosarcoma
    I have carcinosarcoma of the ovaries which is considered very rare. I have had 6 chemo treatmenta in 2009 of Taxol, Carboplatin and Genzar. I had 9 more treatments in 2010 with the same drugs. I have been very fortunate because my side effects were manageable and I have no sympton of other organ illness so far.
    Because this is a rare cancer the approach is different on where you are getting your treatment, and I know you are worried and so am I. I am checked every 4 months at the Cancer institute in Buffalo, NY. for the CA125 count. My understanding is that all countries have a different approach to cancer treatment. Keep in touch and let me know how she is doing. Let her know that I am feeling good and have gone 15 mo. without any treatment. Thinking of your mother and wishing the best.
    Mary Anne

Hi  Mary Anne,
    I too have

Hi  Mary Anne,

I too have been recently diagnosed with carcino sarcoma.

your story is reassuring after reading all the grim stats. How r you doing now? Recurrences? What drugs being offered? Trying to learn as much as I can from those whI also have this.

• Ziva
    Ziva Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Nadoush said:

Hi  Mary Anne,
    I too have

Hi  Mary Anne,

I too have been recently diagnosed with carcino sarcoma.

your story is reassuring after reading all the grim stats. How r you doing now? Recurrences? What drugs being offered? Trying to learn as much as I can from those whI also have this.

Carcinosarcoma

Hi also have Ovarian Carcinosarcoma. Was Dx in Nov. 2013. Had surgery and was told Stage 3c. I had my surgery, then 6 rounds of chemo, Carbo/Taxol. I had a recurrence in Feb. 2015 and had another sugery,and have started 6 rounds of chemo again.