OFF topic ER last night-but for head !!!!

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
edited February 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
Last night went to ER-stepped down off step-(ice) went directly to head and neck-I was not knocked out..but huge lump!(landed on edge of step) Went to Er-said all ok..just to pay attention if any odd feelings...I told my hubby if landed on arm I may have broken it but since i am so THICK HEADED-THIS TIME IT SAVED ME!

Denise

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Thick headed here too
    I am so glad you are ok. Bet you are sore today. I am very hard headed myself so it does come in handy huh? God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • disneyfan2008

Thick headed here too
    I am so glad you are ok. Bet you are sore today. I am very hard headed myself so it does come in handy huh? God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

@ Janice
    too funny...but seriously I could have broken arm or something...seriously...I am so very lucky I DID NOT injury neck...I LANDED right on the edge with MY neck. Luckily my hubby was outside near by / saw me go down ! I am sure IF I yelled no one in the house would have heard me...

Thanks..

Denise W
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Hubby would have asked me IF
    Hubby would have asked me IF I had hurt the steps LOL. In fact a couple of weeks ago in one of our nasty ice storms (more and nastier this year than usual) he did when I went out for some reason. Well the steps were solid ice so I decided that I would sit down (had snow suit on so clothes wouldn't get wet) and then lower self one step at a time. The sitting down worked but the one step at a time didn't - I slide the whole way (only 4 steps). Hubby opened the door and saw me sitting there laughing like a fool and did ask if I broke the steps or sidewalk. Actually, I am so glad that I had sat down as there is no way that had I been standing that I would not have been hurt bad.

Susan
  • disneyfan2008
    Rague said:

Hubby would have asked me IF
    Hubby would have asked me IF I had hurt the steps LOL. In fact a couple of weeks ago in one of our nasty ice storms (more and nastier this year than usual) he did when I went out for some reason. Well the steps were solid ice so I decided that I would sit down (had snow suit on so clothes wouldn't get wet) and then lower self one step at a time. The sitting down worked but the one step at a time didn't - I slide the whole way (only 4 steps). Hubby opened the door and saw me sitting there laughing like a fool and did ask if I broke the steps or sidewalk. Actually, I am so glad that I had sat down as there is no way that had I been standing that I would not have been hurt bad.

Susan

susan: too funny
    I really was laughing while reading this....i can see it now...bumping down the steps..