Options
2»

Comments

• aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    pitt said:

You are absolutely allowed
    You are absolutely allowed to be nervous. I would doubt your sanity if you weren't. HOWEVER, if you want to get your mind off it, go start that exercise program you were talking about. Walking helps strengthen bones. Liftvweights. Do something! It will help get those endorphins moving ( natural Prozac) and you can stress a little less. Do what makes you happy and worry about tomorrow when it gets here! If that doesn't work, there is always vodka. No matter how long you've been good, sometimes the angel on your shoulder needs a drink! Good luck, Pitt

Right On
    Right on, Pitt. I have started swimming....doctor's orders and it helps my knees.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    pitt said:

You are absolutely allowed
    You are absolutely allowed to be nervous. I would doubt your sanity if you weren't. HOWEVER, if you want to get your mind off it, go start that exercise program you were talking about. Walking helps strengthen bones. Liftvweights. Do something! It will help get those endorphins moving ( natural Prozac) and you can stress a little less. Do what makes you happy and worry about tomorrow when it gets here! If that doesn't work, there is always vodka. No matter how long you've been good, sometimes the angel on your shoulder needs a drink! Good luck, Pitt

Right On
    Right on, Pitt. I have started swimming....doctor's orders and it helps my knees.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Gosh darn it, T. I think I
    Gosh darn it, T. I think I held my breath reading your whole post. Whew! Of course you're anxious, who wouldn't be...so don't beat yourself up about it. Do find some distractions to get you through and remember to take those deep breaths. I SO hope that they find that there's nothing to be concerned about. I think the main rule should be instantaneous results and plans....waiting is agony. Thank goodness they are watching you CLOSELY, even if it feels too close for comfort. Wishing you the best news next week. xoxoxo Lynn

T .. I am so very sorry .. Anxious, I would be climbing
    the walls.

So often here on our boards, Kindred Spirits speak of this 'roller coaster', going up or coming down, and I like to envision this "so called" coaster .. slip sliding from side to side, on 1 very old wooden tracks - with an old crusty greasy man with a saliva soaked cigar hanging out of the corner of his mouth .. Darn, conductor .. he increases the speed of our ride - according to the mood, or time of day it may be. There is no rim or reason for any of it. His sole purpose in life, is to turn ours, upside down .. over and over again. That's how I cope with my 'breast cancer', knowing that at any moment -- my life, or anyone here on our boards - can be changed .. at a moments, notice.

T -- You are a fierce WARRIOR, no doubt .. this will pass as well. Find inner peace and strength in knowing that we are here for you, you have a wonderful family .. and we LOVE you.
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Thank you friends for your support!!
    I so appreciate each and everyone of you... I've been very busy today...had a baby shower for my little sister and little Abby...was so good to hold that little tiny baby... 7 weeks old and only 6 lbs to date.... she is beautiful.... worked on a craft project and sat back and watched a couple of movies with my hubby and niece... good quiet day... just trying to stay busy to try to take my mind from wandering...

I'll just be glad when the "wait" is over.... a little history.... 3 years ago I was having issues with my hip (a year before dx)... they did xray, then mri the report wasn't good so they sent me to an ortho doctor.... after seeing the mri, he requested a bone scan... the bone scan came back good so he told me to come back in 3 months.... well, that's when my brother passed and I was so busy with settling my niece in, I never went back.... now, the bone scan is showing up take in my hip... some sort of lesions.... so I guess they will do another MRI and compare the two... and then we will go from there....

Now to try to figure out what to do tomorrow to keep myself occupied... I'll come up with something!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend... and hope that you are all surrounded by the love of friends and family.... (well, of course you are... your here)!

Love & Hugs,
    ~T
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    No BUT
    I do have a nice BIG hug here waiting for you, for whenever you
    need it to help you calm down and feel centered again.

I love your rules!! How do we go about making the the law?
    And we can call it after you Tallens's law.

I am sending tons and tons of good vibes to prevent you
    from shaking in those boots. Those boots were... YES you
    got - made for walking, walking all over cancer.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    aysemari said:

No BUT
    I do have a nice BIG hug here waiting for you, for whenever you
    need it to help you calm down and feel centered again.

I love your rules!! How do we go about making the the law?
    And we can call it after you Tallens's law.

I am sending tons and tons of good vibes to prevent you
    from shaking in those boots. Those boots were... YES you
    got - made for walking, walking all over cancer.

Hugs,
    Ayse

T
    T--we are here and you know that and we will be with you through this no matter what--we will take a bus ride and be there for you.

Keep yourself busy today-even if it is reading a book or watching what the women I work with "Dumb A$$ Women TV".

Hugs to you,
    Margo
  • kt1127
    kt1127 Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Nobody would knock you
    Nobody would knock you upside your head. Your right this is a rollercoaster none of us bought tickets for....Your rules are great. You should pass them along. I will pray for you I wish I could take worry for you I think we all do. Hope your "ride" slows down just a bit for you
    be well
    kim
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    kt1127 said:

Nobody would knock you
    Nobody would knock you upside your head. Your right this is a rollercoaster none of us bought tickets for....Your rules are great. You should pass them along. I will pray for you I wish I could take worry for you I think we all do. Hope your "ride" slows down just a bit for you
    be well
    kim

We're with you
    We're waiting with you aqnd you are definitley not alone. Take care and let us know how it goes.
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Roller Coaster Ride
    Hi,

No one enjoys this roller coaster ride that breast cancer puts us on. We do in time learn to roll with it.

Why not inquire if you can have a PET/CT scan?

The PET could probably tell you if it was cancer you are dealing with. All the different test are not 100% accurate there is always a margin of error.

While an MRI is good, so would be the other. Bone scans tell about uptake which may or may not be cancer. I won't do these anymore for the most part it usually means more test. I don't do fine needle biopsies either, another waste of money and time test.

The one certainty I can say if it is cancer you will learn to deal with it again.

Best,

SIROD
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Yeah, what she said. You are not a pathetic mess, T!
    I especially like the rule about no freaking out a patient unless you are willing to see that patient within the next 24 hours. And why the hell can't THEY get the copy of the freaking MRI to compare it? You have a right to be pi$$ed, so keep raging! And keep fighting, because you're gonna beat this bump in the road too, ok?

Aartus MRI Question
    Dear Aortus,

I can't answer for Taleena, but I do know why they often ask for you to bring a copy of a previous MRI or imaging tests.

My cancer center is another city and my test are usually done in a city near my home. I don't believe where I live that one hospital can view another hospital's medical records. I have been ask to bring along a CD of an MRI or other tests I have taken. Reports just tell the Radiologist reading of the images. An oncologist might like to look at the images themselves.

Best to you,

SIROD