8mm nodule found in right upper lobe with several smaller ones(5mm) found in both

Themonk
Themonk Member Posts: 5
edited February 2011 in Lung Cancer #1
My husband who is soon to be 80 was just told they found an 8mm nodule in his right upper lobe and I believe four 5mm ones in right and left sides. He is seeing a pulmonary doctor Feb. 23 but we are both scared to death. The 8mm nodule was found during a neck CT scan so they did a full thorax CT scan. He is a pipe smoker for over 60 years. NEVER touched cigarettes. He has what I think is a typical smokers cough but has had alot of weight loss the past 2 years. He is now down to 110 but was always petite (145lbs.) Should we be really worried about this? PLEASE someone advise us

Comments

• lekkerone
    lekkerone Member Posts: 199 Member
    Themonk
    I can't advise you but I do know what kind of stress you are dealing with. You have two weeks until you see the doctor. I would advise you to go for walks together for two reasons and that is to get your stress levels down and also so your husband can get in as good shape as possible so he is better able to cope with whatever comes next.

Try not to second guess what is coming because you just don't know.....as hard as that is.
    Has your husband every tried a product like Ensure to try and gain some weight?

Make each day as nice as you can.

Diane
  • Themonk
    Themonk Member Posts: 5
    lekkerone said:

Themonk
    I can't advise you but I do know what kind of stress you are dealing with. You have two weeks until you see the doctor. I would advise you to go for walks together for two reasons and that is to get your stress levels down and also so your husband can get in as good shape as possible so he is better able to cope with whatever comes next.

Try not to second guess what is coming because you just don't know.....as hard as that is.
    Has your husband every tried a product like Ensure to try and gain some weight?

Make each day as nice as you can.

Diane

Thanks Diane!
    Yes he has

Thanks Diane!

Yes he has been on Ensure for almost a year 2 glasses a day mixed with malt and no weight gain. The hardest part is the waiting now. I'm just not sure with it being 8mm if they will do anything as I have read other posts. But with him having so many thats what is worrying me.