Mama G update

Options
linpsu
linpsu Member Posts: 747
I just saw this on Mama G's Facebook page posted by her son Matt:

"Thanks for all the support for my Mama. I just wanted let everyone know that she is at the VNA Hospice House in Vero Beach. She has been unresponsive since Tuesday, but she is still one heck of a fighter."

Let's all be sure to say a special prayer for Mama and her family tonight.
Linda
«13

Comments

  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear this
    I am so sorry to hear this news. My heart goes out to her family, she is a strong and amazing woman, so i can believe that she is fighting this. I cannot believe this turn of events, i remember reading her post when they told her she was cancer free, and then a few days later, the world crashed in. I love you, Mamag!
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    Thank you so much for this
    Thank you so much for this update Linda. I remember Mama G. My prayers go out to her and her family.

    Lupe
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Pinkpower said:

    Thank you so much for this
    Thank you so much for this update Linda. I remember Mama G. My prayers go out to her and her family.

    Lupe

    This news
    makes my insides feel heavy. And while I feel sad, I felt a shadow of a smile knowing that MamaG is fighting. What a strong spirit!

    Thank you, Linda, for letting us know.

    xoxo
    Victoria
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    aisling8 said:

    This news
    makes my insides feel heavy. And while I feel sad, I felt a shadow of a smile knowing that MamaG is fighting. What a strong spirit!

    Thank you, Linda, for letting us know.

    xoxo
    Victoria

    this is a dumb question, I
    this is a dumb question, I know it is, but anyway I will show my stupidity and just ask..... is it at all possible for her to pull out of this or is this it?
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Linda...
    Thank you for posting this. Prayers with Lorraine & family.

    CR
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    So, So, Sorry
    So, so, sorry to hear this news. The words non-responsive ring in my ear. I will pray for her and her family.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

    So, So, Sorry
    So, so, sorry to hear this news. The words non-responsive ring in my ear. I will pray for her and her family.

    Prayers for her and the
    Prayers for her and the family.
    With love from a kindred spirit
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Thank you for letting us know.
    It is the kind of sad news none of us like but at least we know what is happening. I will keep MamaG and her family in my thoughts.

    Hugs,
    Georgia
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    ladyg said:

    Thank you for letting us know.
    It is the kind of sad news none of us like but at least we know what is happening. I will keep MamaG and her family in my thoughts.

    Hugs,
    Georgia

    Mama G is in hospice and not
    Mama G is in hospice and not getting further treatment, so I dont think she will pull out of this Libby. I finished chemo at the same time as mama G, and so did Sandy, this just makes me sick, She is the coolest lady. I still remember the first pic I saw of her with the pink hair.(wig) She had just lost her sister to this disease a year ago around Christmas. My prayers to her and her family, I hope she feels the love we are sending.
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

    Mama G is in hospice and not
    Mama G is in hospice and not getting further treatment, so I dont think she will pull out of this Libby. I finished chemo at the same time as mama G, and so did Sandy, this just makes me sick, She is the coolest lady. I still remember the first pic I saw of her with the pink hair.(wig) She had just lost her sister to this disease a year ago around Christmas. My prayers to her and her family, I hope she feels the love we are sending.

    So so sad :( I'm positive
    So so sad :( I'm positive she feels us all with her the room is getting a little crowded but I'm not leaving!!!

    Prayers Mama & her family

    xoxo
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Thank you for letting us
    Thank you for letting us know...candles will be lit and many a prayer said.

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    chenheart said:

    Thank you for letting us
    Thank you for letting us know...candles will be lit and many a prayer said.

    Hugs,
    Chen♥

    Keeping her and the
    family in prayer.

    Love,

    Sylvia
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Linda
    Even though it's not the news we wish we were getting, I appreciate the update. MamaG has been on my mind and in my heart so often lately. It is just so frustrating...

    I also remember the picture with her hot pink wig when she first joined the board, and she was so eloquent writing about her sister and how much it meant to her to spend time with her before cancer took her. The pictures she posted of her vacation after her treatment were such an inspiration to see how full of life and joy she was on her trip.

    I know that we have all been enriched by being able to share a small piece of her life on these boards since she joined. I will continue to pray for MamaG and her family.

    With Love,
    Cindy
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

    Thank you, Linda
    Even though it's not the news we wish we were getting, I appreciate the update. MamaG has been on my mind and in my heart so often lately. It is just so frustrating...

    I also remember the picture with her hot pink wig when she first joined the board, and she was so eloquent writing about her sister and how much it meant to her to spend time with her before cancer took her. The pictures she posted of her vacation after her treatment were such an inspiration to see how full of life and joy she was on her trip.

    I know that we have all been enriched by being able to share a small piece of her life on these boards since she joined. I will continue to pray for MamaG and her family.

    With Love,
    Cindy

    Too sad even think that we need to light another candle...
    4 weeks ago she was declared free of cancer and now in Hospice. it feels so wrong ... and terribly sad. I remember how she jointed the board always very optimistic and cheerful...
    I am glad she is not in pain with her family.
    Prayer and positive thoughts to her and her family,
    New Flower
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Thank you Linda. Hugs and
    Thank you Linda. Hugs and prayers to her and her family.
    jan
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Update...
    I'll continue to pray for Mama G and her family.

    Sally
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Pinkpower said:

    Thank you so much for this
    Thank you so much for this update Linda. I remember Mama G. My prayers go out to her and her family.

    Lupe

    Sorry to read this. Thanks
    Sorry to read this. Thanks for letting us know.


    Praying for Mama G!


    Hugs, Debby
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Thank you Linda for
    Thank you Linda for up-dating us. I am praying for Mama G and her family. I remember when I first started here she told me to fight fight fight. Never give up And I wont. She hasn't. We will all hold you Mama until the angels take you home. and even though we will miss you your spirit will live in everyone of us that knew you. God bless Mama, and her family. This world is a much better place for having you in it. Bye Mama G I will miss you. Love and peace Kay
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

    Thank you Linda for
    Thank you Linda for up-dating us. I am praying for Mama G and her family. I remember when I first started here she told me to fight fight fight. Never give up And I wont. She hasn't. We will all hold you Mama until the angels take you home. and even though we will miss you your spirit will live in everyone of us that knew you. God bless Mama, and her family. This world is a much better place for having you in it. Bye Mama G I will miss you. Love and peace Kay

    Yes, Thank you Linda .. Such sad news, as I have
    fond memories of Lorraine .. her posts, and glorious pictures of her living life. My heart aches, and I find it impossible that we can be here 1 minute and gone the next from the damn breast cancer. Please someone, somewhere find a cure.

    Stength for all ..

    Vicki Sam
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Options
    VickiSam said:

    Yes, Thank you Linda .. Such sad news, as I have
    fond memories of Lorraine .. her posts, and glorious pictures of her living life. My heart aches, and I find it impossible that we can be here 1 minute and gone the next from the damn breast cancer. Please someone, somewhere find a cure.

    Stength for all ..

    Vicki Sam

    Update
    Thanks for the update. Just so sad about this...prayers to her and her loving family.