Heads up!! found drug interaction problem with Dilantin

Options
Kerry S
Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
The scary old woman just opened a new package of the cimetidine (tagament) tabs I have been taking daily for months. You know the anti acid pills that have shown they help stop cancer cells from attaching to good cells.

Well she found in the fine print there is a warning of taking this with Dilantin. Took my last one yesterday.

Kerry

Comments

• plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad she found this
    I'm so glad she found this so you can stop the drug. And very interesting how the Tagamet work with cancer cells. Should I begin taking it I wonder? Hmmm

Thinkin now, Gail
  • Kerry S
    Options
    plh4gail said:

I'm so glad she found this so you can stop the drug. And very interesting how the Tagamet work with cancer cells. Should I begin taking it I wonder? Hmmm

Thinkin now, Gail

You should talk to your doc before taking any meds
    Gail

You should even talk to them about over the counter drugs.

Kerry
  • plh4gail said:

Thinkin now, Gail

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • plh4gail
    Options
    Kerry S said:

You should talk to your doc before taking any meds
    Gail

You should even talk to them about over the counter drugs.

Kerry

Kerry?
    I am just now starting to take the vitamins and such that Lisa, Lori and Raquel have mentioned so the Tagamet is interesting to hear about. And hey....someone mentioned something to me that sounds pretty strange and said I wouldn't find a lot of info on it. Taking oral Hydrogen Peroxide. I've never heard of taking it orally, only swishing it. I would throw up. Ever heard of this. They said it was a hand me down from a very old person and it will do to cancer cells what it does topically to wounds. I'm think a bunch of bull, but ???? I hate to say never!

What do you think?, Gail
  • plh4gail
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Graci
    Graci...I can look for them and buy a few to send you if I have luck?

Thanks, Gail
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Drug Warnings???
    Hi Kerry, not to be funny but I'm sure you've seen the drug commercials that have 20 seconds of how wonderful the drug is, then 40 seconds of how it can be cause this, that, and the other thing...We are a big mix of chemicals mixed with water (and some piss and vinegar thrown in)
    One thing that most pharmacies do is to check to make sure that none of your medications cause bad reactions.
  • Kerry S
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Drug Warnings???
    Hi Kerry, not to be funny but I'm sure you've seen the drug commercials that have 20 seconds of how wonderful the drug is, then 40 seconds of how it can be cause this, that, and the other thing...We are a big mix of chemicals mixed with water (and some piss and vinegar thrown in)
    One thing that most pharmacies do is to check to make sure that none of your medications cause bad reactions.

Phil buddy

I have a word file on my system on the Tagamet issue. I copied this from the end of it.

Note: If you wish to take cimetidine you should notify your physician. The drug interacts with several other medications to either increase or decrease their potency. Some of these medications include digoxin, theophylline, phenytoin, warfarin and lidocaine.

From what I read, I would guess it increases the potency of the Dilantin in me as it makes me loopy. I will get more info Monday from the brain doc. I am playing with a lot of variables with the damn steroids also in the mix and the tumor pushing on the brain.

Kerry