What to eat when you have cancer?

Options
2»

Comments

• warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 92
    Options
    This was a great topic
    When I met my onc for the first time I asked him the same question along with questions about vitamin D. I was disappointed when he answered, "there is no cancer diet, follow a heart healthy diet." I have learned more from this site and breastcancer.org than from my own physicians.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Kari,
    (apparently, faith_trust is not only stalking me on the sides of buses...she's also raiding my library! :-)

The one and only book my oncologist has ever recommended to me is Anticancer: A Way of Life, by Dr. Servan-Schreiber. I think it may be just the kind of information you're looking for.

I have a list and descriptions of all the books I've found helpful in this journey on my Resources page -- just click on my name, to the left, then click on "resources."

Traci

LoL Traci! I also read the
    LoL Traci! I also read the Anticancer book and I think you would like it Kari.

Hugs, Jan
  • artful
    artful Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Cancer diet
    I just ordered a book Crazy Sexy Diet from Amazon. I do know lots of vegetables and fruit! Should receive the book tomorrow.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Wish I could help you, Kari
    But somewhere up in Heaven, my beloved Moopy is rolling around on the floor laughing at the mere idea of anybody asking me for suggestions on what to eat. BACON BACON BACON BACON BACON!

I am curious Aortus. Is
    I am curious Aortus. Is there a joke behind the bacon you so love, or, do you really love it that much? LOL

Can't wait for that first BLT with a fresh tomato from our garden.

Kylez
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Nutritionist
    I wanted to see a nurtionist while going through radiation (esp since I have Ulcertive COlitis and very limited foods) MY insurance wouldn't NOT COVER it not even one session.

So I mentioned it to therapsit at my treatment center and I was given ONE session by the one on staff-I was told if I got a bill-not to pay they allow one "ON THE HOUSE" session"-so that is what I did (one was better then none)

but now taking tamoxifen my U.C. is in what I consider total remission! we'll see when I GO OFF it in 3+ yrs..
  • Kylez
    Options
    meena1 said:

Read "Anti Cancer, a new way of life" (if you haven't already) it is wonderful. I have heard that aspargus is supposed to be great, you smash it up in a blender and eat 2 tblspoons in the morning and at night, also, a food with flaxseed oil and cottage cheese, i am not sure how to make it. Tumeric is supposed to be wonderful, it has to be mixed with olive oil and black pepper, you can add it to a salad or chicken, not too many ways to make it though. I have been told not to drink green tea while on chemo. Look into the Anti cancer book, though, really has alot of info it there.

Going to get the Anti Cancer
    Going to get the Anti Cancer book. Sounds like it would very helpful. The ACS also has some recipes.
  • Kylez
    Options
    meena1 said:

Read "Anti Cancer, a new way of life" (if you haven't already) it is wonderful. I have heard that aspargus is supposed to be great, you smash it up in a blender and eat 2 tblspoons in the morning and at night, also, a food with flaxseed oil and cottage cheese, i am not sure how to make it. Tumeric is supposed to be wonderful, it has to be mixed with olive oil and black pepper, you can add it to a salad or chicken, not too many ways to make it though. I have been told not to drink green tea while on chemo. Look into the Anti cancer book, though, really has alot of info it there.

Going to get the Anti Cancer book. Sounds like it would very helpful. The ACS also has some recipes.
  • Kylez
    Options
    meena1 said:

• Kylez
    Options
    meena1 said:

• Kylez
    Options
    meena1 said: