Question for the Ladies

herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
edited February 2011 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Now I've got this lovely scar from my two bottom ribs to below my belly button, I've noticed a bit of a problem, when I get out of bed, the scars hurt because of the weight of my tatas, after I put a bra on, it's so much better except for the bra resting on the scar which of course doesn't feel all that great either.
Anyone else have this problem and what did you do to solve it. Besides asking your doctor to call it a medical problem and get a nice new set of tatas that wouldn't require a bra.
Winter Marie
«1

Comments

  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    A soft sports bra worked for
    A soft sports bra worked for me.
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    How about...
    How about using a sports bra? Something to give you the support you need but also a bit less abrasive on the scar.

    If all else fails, pass this on to Kerry S and ask his 'scarey old lady' to come up with a solution for you...lol. She seems to rise to the occasion!

    Hope you can get some relief soon.

    Hugs,

    the other Marie
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Nana b said:

    A soft sports bra worked for
    A soft sports bra worked for me.

    What????
    tatas have weight????? I have been robbed!!!! Sorry Dizz...can't help ya out on this one...LOL

    Jennie
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    I just had to jump in here...
    Don't know why, because I have never had a problem with my tatas weighing too much. Flat as a fritter I am. But your post activated my giggle-box and I had this picture in my mind of having weighty tatas. Oh well, I can dream:)

    On a more serious note, my scars get tight and sore sometimes too. I am decorated from my diaphragm to the top of my pelvis, but the section above my navel is the section that always hurts and is still rather ropey feeling.I do use cocoa butter oil on it and maybe it helps some.

    Sorry I didn't have any good advice.
    -Pat
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Jaylo969 said:

    I just had to jump in here...
    Don't know why, because I have never had a problem with my tatas weighing too much. Flat as a fritter I am. But your post activated my giggle-box and I had this picture in my mind of having weighty tatas. Oh well, I can dream:)

    On a more serious note, my scars get tight and sore sometimes too. I am decorated from my diaphragm to the top of my pelvis, but the section above my navel is the section that always hurts and is still rather ropey feeling.I do use cocoa butter oil on it and maybe it helps some.

    Sorry I didn't have any good advice.
    -Pat

    Coca Butter Oil
    I think I'll give that a try on my scar too.
    Thanks Pat
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    All Right
    Two votes for Sports Bra's and two votes for Training Bra.
    Thank you, I'll give the Sports Bra a try.
    Winter Marie
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375

    All Right
    Two votes for Sports Bra's and two votes for Training Bra.
    Thank you, I'll give the Sports Bra a try.
    Winter Marie

    Duct Tape!!! :D
    Tape those tatas down with Duct tape so they don't bounce on top of your scars :D:D

    Duct tape is good for everything! LOL!

    Cheryl
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member

    Duct Tape!!! :D
    Tape those tatas down with Duct tape so they don't bounce on top of your scars :D:D

    Duct tape is good for everything! LOL!

    Cheryl

    Good thing
    I was thinking taping them UP would be the better idea.
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178

    Good thing
    I was thinking taping them UP would be the better idea.

    hahaha!
    Too funny..can't sleep and lurked on your board and just keep laughing my butt off. I would get like you when taking the nasty prednisone on the week of chemo..up all night just praying there was someone to talk with on those sleepless nights. Funny ladies...thanks for the laugh! Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

    Good thing
    I was thinking taping them UP would be the better idea.

    Im not a lady but I just couldn't stand it.............
    OK, I have decided that I would surrender and do what any good american citizen would do for our country....I will volunteer to hold em up only til there healed and not a second longer for anyone that needs help, I mean, we all gotta help each other and I guess it don't matter how long as we try.....and don't tell me that ya'll didn't think that most all of us in here wasn't gonna read this......"GIRLS ONLY".....Thas the first thing I read when I opened the site up earlier...sorry, just being a buzzard I guess.......
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    allmost60 said:

    hahaha!
    Too funny..can't sleep and lurked on your board and just keep laughing my butt off. I would get like you when taking the nasty prednisone on the week of chemo..up all night just praying there was someone to talk with on those sleepless nights. Funny ladies...thanks for the laugh! Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

    Sue
    Darn it, I'm glad my Tatas were good for something!!!! I laugh at the darn things almost everyday myself!!! Up, I tell them UP, yet, they still face the way of gravity dang it!!!
    Enjoy the laughter, I've been!!
    Winter Marie
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    allmost60 said:

    hahaha!
    Too funny..can't sleep and lurked on your board and just keep laughing my butt off. I would get like you when taking the nasty prednisone on the week of chemo..up all night just praying there was someone to talk with on those sleepless nights. Funny ladies...thanks for the laugh! Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

    Hey Sue!
    Feel free to pop in late at night anytime... someone is usually always about. Looks like we are on the search for duct tape to tape down the tatas :D

    But, I really must head to get some zzzzzzzz's. It's almost 1:30am here on the west coast of Canada. Where abouts are you that you are up so early (or is that up so late because you haven't gone to bed yet??) LOL!!

    Cheryl
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Buzzard said:

    Im not a lady but I just couldn't stand it.............
    OK, I have decided that I would surrender and do what any good american citizen would do for our country....I will volunteer to hold em up only til there healed and not a second longer for anyone that needs help, I mean, we all gotta help each other and I guess it don't matter how long as we try.....and don't tell me that ya'll didn't think that most all of us in here wasn't gonna read this......"GIRLS ONLY".....Thas the first thing I read when I opened the site up earlier...sorry, just being a buzzard I guess.......

    It's 1:21 AM
    and I just woke up the hubby, the son, the future daughter-in-law, the baby, all from the laughter of reading your post!!!!
    ROFLMAO BUZZ!!!!!
    Winter Marie
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178

    Hey Sue!
    Feel free to pop in late at night anytime... someone is usually always about. Looks like we are on the search for duct tape to tape down the tatas :D

    But, I really must head to get some zzzzzzzz's. It's almost 1:30am here on the west coast of Canada. Where abouts are you that you are up so early (or is that up so late because you haven't gone to bed yet??) LOL!!

    Cheryl

    Washington State
    I live in Yakima Washington...so it's 1:27 here. I'm retired so I don't have to worry about getting up for work, and if I get 6 hours sleep a night then I'm good to go. I'm always checking in on your group daily...fun loving good people indeed. Many many nights after first being dx'd in June, this group took my mind off of my fears and worries.
    Love...Sue
    P.S Band aids would secure my tata's in place...ha!(TMI?)..ha!
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    allmost60 said:

    Washington State
    I live in Yakima Washington...so it's 1:27 here. I'm retired so I don't have to worry about getting up for work, and if I get 6 hours sleep a night then I'm good to go. I'm always checking in on your group daily...fun loving good people indeed. Many many nights after first being dx'd in June, this group took my mind off of my fears and worries.
    Love...Sue
    P.S Band aids would secure my tata's in place...ha!(TMI?)..ha!

    ROFLMAO
    Bandaids??
    I swear many eons ago I prayed to the Heavens Above to give me very small Tata's, I had seen a sight that no 8 year old should see (well my opinion, I was scarred for life) was a woman of humongous size tatas breast feeding her child.
    It was then and there I prayed, and I prayed hard, I wanted nothing less then very tiny tatas, I did NOT want large ones, no thank you.
    For most of my life I was a nice 36B, then menopause, I don't know exactly what happened but those babies went grade AAA large economy size. YIKES!!!
    So I'm now seriously thinking about the duct taping in the upwards position, I hear they have pink duct tape now.
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178

    ROFLMAO
    Bandaids??
    I swear many eons ago I prayed to the Heavens Above to give me very small Tata's, I had seen a sight that no 8 year old should see (well my opinion, I was scarred for life) was a woman of humongous size tatas breast feeding her child.
    It was then and there I prayed, and I prayed hard, I wanted nothing less then very tiny tatas, I did NOT want large ones, no thank you.
    For most of my life I was a nice 36B, then menopause, I don't know exactly what happened but those babies went grade AAA large economy size. YIKES!!!
    So I'm now seriously thinking about the duct taping in the upwards position, I hear they have pink duct tape now.

    Facing the wrong way...
    When they were passed out I must have been facing the wrong way..puberty..child berthing nor menopause made a darn bit of differance. My youngest son darn near starved to death just trying to find them during breast feedings...hahaha! I'm 60 now and could care less and after 32 years of a wonderful marriage hubby obviously didn't give a hooter..oops..I mean hoot!...Love..Sue..off to bed..nite nite.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

    It's 1:21 AM
    and I just woke up the hubby, the son, the future daughter-in-law, the baby, all from the laughter of reading your post!!!!
    ROFLMAO BUZZ!!!!!
    Winter Marie

    sorry......hope I didn't hurt em......
    night all I gotta get a nap before I go home....hehe
  • joy44
    joy44 Member Posts: 50
    Buzzard said:

    sorry......hope I didn't hurt em......
    night all I gotta get a nap before I go home....hehe

    Buzz YOU are Hoot!!
    As far as the tatas i have not been so blessed, but my sister in law "OH MY GOODNESS" she had breast cancer and had lot of trouble over troopy tatas and the dr said to get a bigger bra bigger around and cup size it helped hold them up better, unfortunatly she had to go to the old lady bra but it did help, as for the scare cocco butter, cocco butter, cocco butter, and alittle cotten ball just in that area of the scare helped her.

    I wish you luck.(I am alittle jealous of the tata problem:})
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Call Kerry:
    He can do wonders with duct tape and I'm sure he would be more than willing to give you a hand with the problem. Between him and Buzz they will fix the problem.

    Take care - Tina
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    geotina said:

    Call Kerry:
    He can do wonders with duct tape and I'm sure he would be more than willing to give you a hand with the problem. Between him and Buzz they will fix the problem.

    Take care - Tina

    Yep..as the ole saying goes
    "You hold, I'll tie"...........