Praying it goes well.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • mama2lexi
    mama2lexi Member Posts: 7
    Options
    My mom just had her 2nd treatment!
    Hey Liz,

My mom also just had her 2nd treatment for this horrible disease. She is also having some side effects...she has the tingly fingers, but also has a feeling in her throat from the OXI and it makes is feel like glass is going down when she drinks anything the first few days after her infusion. She had this her first time around too....

I will be thinking of your mom..seems like we are both in the same boat...reaching out on this board to help save a woman we love so dearly!

Jenn
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    mama2lexi said:

My mom just had her 2nd treatment!
    Hey Liz,

My mom also just had her 2nd treatment for this horrible disease. She is also having some side effects...she has the tingly fingers, but also has a feeling in her throat from the OXI and it makes is feel like glass is going down when she drinks anything the first few days after her infusion. She had this her first time around too....

I will be thinking of your mom..seems like we are both in the same boat...reaching out on this board to help save a woman we love so dearly!

Jenn

LIZ and JENN
    Since your Moms are getting the Oxi, for the first few days, make sure that everything is at least ROOM TEMPERATURE, that wasn't even warm enough for me, I would microwave my water for at least 20 seconds before I could drink it. To satisfy the need for liquids (most important not to get dehydrated)I would buy packets of apple cider, hot chocolate, etc... to heat up.
    They need to drink to keep hydrated!!! But since cool drinks for a few days aren't tolerable, please try and find WARM alternatives for her.
    It's so wonderful that you are both watching over your mothers so well!!!!
    Winter Marie