Bjmom1 Update

Options
bjmom1
bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have not been on site for awhile because I was in and out of the hospital. For months I had stomach pain and lost about 40lbs,because I could not eat without getting sick and then on top of that I had the stomach flu. In between being sick I lost my close friend to this disease that put me in a funk mold. I after several months in pain I found out I have gallstone and had to get my gallbladder remove that was in first week of Jan. I thought wow all this time I was sick they stay forcus on my bone mets not my stomach. This my life I start to feel little bit better and now I do not have feeling in my right hip or leg and now I am off again trying to figure out what wrong now. I tell sh## happen and that should be title of my book. (LOL). I have to laugh to keep from crying. All have said that I am thankful I'm still here to deal with this crazy stuff.

Big Hugs
Barb

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Oh Barb I'm so sorry for
    Oh Barb I'm so sorry for what you are going through. My Condolences for your friend. Jeez why did it take so long to find out it was your gal bladder? I think some times Dr get tunnel vision and forget other things do exist. And if you do write that book I will buy it!! Take care darlin your in my prayers.
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options

Oh Barb I'm so sorry for
    Oh Barb I'm so sorry for what you are going through. My Condolences for your friend. Jeez why did it take so long to find out it was your gal bladder? I think some times Dr get tunnel vision and forget other things do exist. And if you do write that book I will buy it!! Take care darlin your in my prayers.

Glad your back and feeling a
    Glad your back and feeling a lil better. I'll buy your book too!!!
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options

Glad your back and feeling a
    Glad your back and feeling a lil better. I'll buy your book too!!!

I was wondering how you were
    I was wondering how you were doing Barb. Good to hear that they took out the Gall Bladder. I had that done a few years ago and Boy! What a relief!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

I was wondering how you were
    I was wondering how you were doing Barb. Good to hear that they took out the Gall Bladder. I had that done a few years ago and Boy! What a relief!

Barb,
    Glad you posted and

Barb,
    Glad you posted and happy they got the gallstone problem corrected. Now if they can determine what is causing the other stuff, it will be great. Prayers that things get better and thanks for updating us. We are extra worrying about our little family and need to know how everyone is doing.
    Stef
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    fauxma said:

Barb,
    Glad you posted and

Barb,
    Glad you posted and happy they got the gallstone problem corrected. Now if they can determine what is causing the other stuff, it will be great. Prayers that things get better and thanks for updating us. We are extra worrying about our little family and need to know how everyone is doing.
    Stef

Good to see a post from you,
    Good to see a post from you, but, sorry about all that has happened. Praying for you Barb!

Hugs, Megan
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Megan M said:

Good to see a post from you,
    Good to see a post from you, but, sorry about all that has happened. Praying for you Barb!

Hugs, Megan

Glad to hear from you
    Barb,

Glad you are doing okay. Depression is a side effect of cancer, please get help for that. Sorry to hear about your friend, that must be very hard to handle. Have you thought of seeing a therapist? I couldn't live without mine. Gallbladder huh? My friend went through last year, she was in a lot of pain before they figured it out. Glad you are on the road to recovery. Take care and it's good to hear from you.

Terry
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Glad to see
    you are feeling up to posting again. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Getting your gallbladder removed means there is one less thing that can go wrong then...lol. You will get through this so just hang in there.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you Barb
    I am sorry about all the challenges you have been facing. I can't believe they didn't look at
    your stomach before... sheesh. When something is not quiet right with our bodies, it really
    effects our mood and it's hard to separate the two, isn't it? And I am sure the loss of a close
    friend didn't help matters.

My condolences, it is so painful to loose a loved one.

But I am glad to see you post again and laugh (:

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Oh Barb,
    That's alot to go through. I'm so sorry you had to deal with all that. Hopfully, you should feel better now with your gallbladder out. I'm sorry about your friend and can totally relate to losing a friend to this disease.

Let me know when you publish that book cuz I'll buy it!

Keeping you in prayer Sister and you have the right idea...let's keep on laughing!

Love and hugs back,

Sylvia
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    ladyg said:

Glad to see
    you are feeling up to posting again. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Getting your gallbladder removed means there is one less thing that can go wrong then...lol. You will get through this so just hang in there.

Hugs,
    Georgia

My sympathy for the loss of
    My sympathy for the loss of your friend. Wonderful to see you posting. So, thanks for that and praying for you.

Hugs, Diane
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    sea60 said:

Oh Barb,
    That's alot to go through. I'm so sorry you had to deal with all that. Hopfully, you should feel better now with your gallbladder out. I'm sorry about your friend and can totally relate to losing a friend to this disease.

Keeping you in prayer Sister and you have the right idea...let's keep on laughing!

Love and hugs back,

Sylvia

Stay strong, hoping for a
    Stay strong, hoping for a good recovery
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    meena1 said:

Hang in there--you've been through a lot
    So sorry about your friend. Hoping your sorrow will soon turn into nothing but good memories. And, I hope you recouperate quickly from the gall bladder issues. Try to rest as much as you can to get your strength back.

Hugs, Renee
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Oh Barb,

Love and hugs back,

Sylvia

So sorry for your friend
    So sorry for your friend passing. I hope that with time, you will be filled with good memories of her and big smiles.

Hoping you will feel better now that you have had your surgery.

Stay in touch,

Leeza
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear this
    I am so sorry to hear this Barb, but it is good to have you back. Glad you are feeling a little better. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    meena1 said:

Sorry that you had to have
    Sorry that you had to have gallbladder surgery, so, I am sending you healing thoughts.

Also, very sorry that you lost your friend. You have my sympathy.

Great to see you posting. Hope to see you more often.

Hugs and prayers,

Debby