Biopsy

Options
mom62
mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi All,

Had my needle biopsy on Friday. I get the results on February 9th. It wasn't bad at all. I've had a core biopsy too and I prefer the needle! Love those drugs they give you to make you woosy. I was in and out fast too which was nice. Just thought I'd update you guys. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Terry

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    That long?
    That long? My needle biospies were done one afternoon and the Radiologist had result the next morning by 8 AM.

Susan
  • mom62
    Options
    Rague said:

That long?
    That long? My needle biospies were done one afternoon and the Radiologist had result the next morning by 8 AM.

Susan

Surgeon
    Hi,

My surgeon at Brigham and Women's only has clinic one day a week. I could call but i prefer to hear it in person. That's the only reason it takes so long.

Terry
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    "woosy" drugs?????
    Wait one gol-durn minute! I never got those great, "woosy" drugs! Through the stereotactic core biopsy and the MRI core biopsies I was tensed up and aware the entire time. I'm gonna change radiologists and get me one that thinks we don't need to suffer more than necessary! You've let the cat out of the bag, Terry.
    ~~Connie~~
  • Rague
    Options
    mom62 said:

Surgeon
    Hi,

My surgeon at Brigham and Women's only has clinic one day a week. I could call but i prefer to hear it in person. That's the only reason it takes so long.

Terry

Your choice to wait and not know
    So it's your choice to wait and not know. All I can say is WOW! In my case, there is no way that I would have waited that long to get report or see a DR - but then I'm IBC and time is imparative as it is very agressive.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    crselby said:

"woosy" drugs?????
    Wait one gol-durn minute! I never got those great, "woosy" drugs! Through the stereotactic core biopsy and the MRI core biopsies I was tensed up and aware the entire time. I'm gonna change radiologists and get me one that thinks we don't need to suffer more than necessary! You've let the cat out of the bag, Terry.
    ~~Connie~~

My surgeopn is a t the
    My surgeopn is a t the Brigham too! It sometimes takes longer than that to get results.
  • Rague
    Options
    crselby said:

"woosy" drugs?????
    ~~Connie~~

Local
    My biopsies were done right after Mammo and Sono under 'local' - no "woosy".
  • cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    Options
    I got mine back pretty qiuck
    As a matter of fact, I got mine back pretty quickly. I didn't know what to do with myself and kind of drove around for a few hours then decided to go see my husband at work as he is a restaraunt manager; thought i would go there and have a drink well low and behold the surgeon was sitting in their bar when i walked in. When my husband introduced him to me. oh my goodness, I said "yes we just met" Needless to say he ran out of there like his pants were on fire! Can we say Akward!!!
    My husband used to play golf this guys mother and the doctor didn't connect the dots.
    Anyways I hope you get your info soon. Best of luck and keep us aprised.

Peace and Love,
    Edie
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    cookie97 said:

I got mine back pretty qiuck
    As a matter of fact, I got mine back pretty quickly. I didn't know what to do with myself and kind of drove around for a few hours then decided to go see my husband at work as he is a restaraunt manager; thought i would go there and have a drink well low and behold the surgeon was sitting in their bar when i walked in. When my husband introduced him to me. oh my goodness, I said "yes we just met" Needless to say he ran out of there like his pants were on fire! Can we say Akward!!!
    My husband used to play golf this guys mother and the doctor didn't connect the dots.
    Anyways I hope you get your info soon. Best of luck and keep us aprised.

Peace and Love,
    Edie

Hi Terry
    I am glad that procedure was not very difficult for you.
    Sending positive thought hoping biopsy will be negative. I agree you will have a better chance to discuss results in person.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • mom62
    Options

Hi Terry
    I am glad that procedure was not very difficult for you.
    Sending positive thought hoping biopsy will be negative. I agree you will have a better chance to discuss results in person.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

Drugs during Biopsy
    Hi,

Yes, I had drugs during CT scan/Biopsy. They said it's the same drugs they give for patients with colonoscopys. It makes you woozy but aware of what is going on at the same time. I have to say I love the Brigam and Woman's Hospital, they know how to do it right. I had a core biopsy with nothing about two years ago, that was not fun........

Terry
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    mom62 said:

Drugs during Biopsy
    Hi,

Yes, I had drugs during CT scan/Biopsy. They said it's the same drugs they give for patients with colonoscopys. It makes you woozy but aware of what is going on at the same time. I have to say I love the Brigam and Woman's Hospital, they know how to do it right. I had a core biopsy with nothing about two years ago, that was not fun........

Terry

Rague
    Mine too hurt like He double toothpicks!!! Bad bad brusing, but had results next day. Not the ones any of us wanted!!!
  • CandaceMM
    CandaceMM Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Positive vibes being sent!
    Hope all goes well and your results are clean! The waiting game would do me in, I'd be found under the bar. Anyway, I wish you the best outcome.
    candace
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    woosy drugs
    FUNNY-when I had mine they gave me my woosy drugs and thougth OMG NOT WoRKING..but then day or two later realized boy did they work-didnt' remember part of the day hehe..
    I"LL be thinking of you on Feb 9th...

Denise W.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

woosy drugs
    FUNNY-when I had mine they gave me my woosy drugs and thougth OMG NOT WoRKING..but then day or two later realized boy did they work-didnt' remember part of the day hehe..
    I"LL be thinking of you on Feb 9th...

Denise W.

Yeah--I had to white knuckle the biopsy under MRI too!
    It was excruciating (mine was pretty close to the chest wall). No woosy drugs for me--I couldn't understand why. With all that's available, no one should have to endure that type of pain.

Hugs, Renee