Finally have a surgery date

Options
Cinkal
Cinkal Member Posts: 161
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had the consultation with my new oncology surgeon yesterday. No other cancer, besides the right breast lesion, showed up on the bone or pet/ct scans. That was a relief!
I was given the choice of mastectomy or lumpectomy. If the tumor was any bigger or my breast was smaller, I would have had to do a mastectomy. I chose a lumpectomy. Surgery is on Feb. 10th. I will have chemo after surgery, followed by radiation. I am just glad to finally have a plan to start this difficult journey.

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I know you are glad to have
    I know you are glad to have a scheduled date and will be even gladder to have this all behind you. I am praying for you. Let us know how you do.
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options

I know you are glad to have a scheduled date and will be even gladder to have this all behind you. I am praying for you. Let us know how you do.

as bad as it all is. having
    as bad as it all is. having a plan always makes it easier for me!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Wishing you good luck with
    Wishing you good luck with your surgery. Keep us updated.

Hugs, Angie
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Cinkal
    Sending positive thoughts & prayers to you and hope that you have an easy time with this journey you are about to take. You can do it, and we are all here to help along the way. Let us know what we can do for you.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Cinkal
    Sending positive thoughts & prayers to you and hope that you have an easy time with this journey you are about to take. You can do it, and we are all here to help along the way. Let us know what we can do for you.

xoxo,
    Jean

Wishing you good luck with
    Wishing you good luck with your surgery, chemo and rads. You can do this! We are here to support you and to encourage you.

Hugs, Diane
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    good to hear have game plan set
    May give you a bit of relief...and knowing when to get this started. I too had a lumpectomy 3 yrs next month...It was much better then I thought...I had radiation for 8 wks daily.

I will be thinking of you....

Denise W.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

good to hear have game plan set
    May give you a bit of relief...and knowing when to get this started. I too had a lumpectomy 3 yrs next month...It was much better then I thought...I had radiation for 8 wks daily.

I will be thinking of you....

Denise W.

Good--now you can begin the treatment phase
    So happy that your PET scan was okay--that is huge. Try to take it one step, one day, one treatment at a time. I had lumpectomy/re-excision for margins, 6 TAC chemo, 33 rads. Try not to look at the whole picture at once--just do baby steps and focus on doing all you can to rest, relax and go with the flow. Take all the help that is offered--people want to help.
    Good luck and please keep with us. We'll worry if we don't hear from you!

Hugs, Renee
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Good--now you can begin the treatment phase
    So happy that your PET scan was okay--that is huge. Try to take it one step, one day, one treatment at a time. I had lumpectomy/re-excision for margins, 6 TAC chemo, 33 rads. Try not to look at the whole picture at once--just do baby steps and focus on doing all you can to rest, relax and go with the flow. Take all the help that is offered--people want to help.
    Good luck and please keep with us. We'll worry if we don't hear from you!

Hugs, Renee

Good news on your PET scan!
    Good news on your PET scan! Renee is right, baby steps. You will get through this.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options
    jnl said:

Good news on your PET scan!
    Good news on your PET scan! Renee is right, baby steps. You will get through this.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hugs, Leeza

Good Luck
    Good luck with your surgery and chemo. Keep us posted on your recovery.
    Dawne
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Good Luck
    Good luck with your surgery and chemo. Keep us posted on your recovery.
    Dawne

Wishing you good luck too
    Wishing you good luck too and sending cyber hugs!

Debby
  • JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
    Options
    DebbyM said:

Wishing you good luck too
    Wishing you good luck too and sending cyber hugs!

Debby

Hi Cin!
    I'm glad you have visited this site, though I'm sorry that you need to. The ladies here are wonderful, and so helpful! I'm thinking of you everyday! xoxo

Julie