Chemo Angels - anyone heard from them?

Options
Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I remember that at least one other here had said they applied to them. Have you heard anything from them? I did initially and was told I'd hear back in a few weeks - well it seems like it's been quite a while - so just wondering.

Susan

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan
    Yes, I received an email saying I'd been accepted as a Chemo Angel but not to be surprised if it took a few weeks to get the name of my person because they really try to match up people--I guess similar age group, interests, ideas, etc. So, I'm still waiting too, but I know they will contact me soon. I can't wait. I'll let you know if I hear from them.

Renee
  • Rague
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hi Susan
    Yes, I received an email saying I'd been accepted as a Chemo Angel but not to be surprised if it took a few weeks to get the name of my person because they really try to match up people--I guess similar age group, interests, ideas, etc. So, I'm still waiting too, but I know they will contact me soon. I can't wait. I'll let you know if I hear from them.

Renee

Probably too anxious
    I got e-mail saying I was accepted and it would take a 'few weeks' - but it seems to me like it's taking a LOT of time! It just seems to me like a lot of time - but maybe it isn't as long as it seems. I can 'chill out' as long as I know I'm not the only one that hasn't heard anything.

Susan
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    interested
    How do you get into this program? I did not go through chemo-I had radiation but just to be at other end I would like to help someone.

I know I dont' have the same experiences so may not work!
  • Rague
    Options

interested
    How do you get into this program? I did not go through chemo-I had radiation but just to be at other end I would like to help someone.

I know I dont' have the same experiences so may not work!

www.chemoangels.com
    www.chemoangels.com

They have 'Angels' of all 'types' for lack of the right word. You don't have to have ever had any form of cancer to become a sender. Just be committed. All the info is at that site rather you need/want an Angel or want to be one.

Susan
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    At Christmas...lol....
    They were in trouble, couldn't make their 2011 budget, asked all of us 'Angels' for help...

But, since I was a monitary contributor, they kept me updated, and the last I heard everything was ok again...

Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

At Christmas...lol....
    They were in trouble, couldn't make their 2011 budget, asked all of us 'Angels' for help...

But, since I was a monitary contributor, they kept me updated, and the last I heard everything was ok again...

Dutch hugs, Kathi

I received a card from
    I received a card from someone, no name just Kindred Spirits but it was very sweet!!! Wondered if it was someone from here to chemo angels??!!??!!! Made me feel so good Ü