Facebook

Options
linpsu
linpsu Member Posts: 747
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey there ladies - I am not too computer savvy - especially with Facebook. I signed up for the FB Group - Sisters and Brothers in Pink - and I assumed that anything I posted there would stay just on that board. I do not want to discuss breast cancer related topics on my regular FB page. Anyhow, something I just posted on the Sisters in Pink site showed up on my regular FB page and I am not too happy about that, as I am a very private person and don't want the whole world to know my business. Did I hit the wrong button somehow, or is this just how FB works? It sort of defeats the purpose of having a separate group. If anyone can explain this to me, I'd appreciate it! Thanks! Linda

Comments

• mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I don't think so....
    I believe that anything you post anywhere on FB will show up on your home page. The only people who can view your comments are those whom you have listed as friends or relatives. FB is a social network, not a support network. That's why I would suggest you consider this web site discussion board or breastcancer.org. when discussing your personal health. I must add that postings on breastcancer. org can appear when someone uses a search engine for a specific breast cancer related topic. For instance, I posted something on bc.org and found it when I googled side effects of tamoxifen. I was a bit upset. Nothing I could do about it except stop posting. Hope this helps a bit. Marilynn
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    You can delete the post on
    You can delete the post on FB. Let the courser hover over the upper right corner of the post, a gray X will appear (like the red one you click to close a window). Click on that, it should delete your post.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options

You can delete the post on
    You can delete the post on FB. Let the courser hover over the upper right corner of the post, a gray X will appear (like the red one you click to close a window). Click on that, it should delete your post.

Hugs,

Linda

Great Tip
    Linda

Thanks for the tip. I did not know that you delete a post.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Linda,
    You can delete what you see there, but anything you post on "sisters and brothers in pink" can only be seen by the members there. When you look on your page, it will be there, because you posted, but it won't be there for outsiders to see. I've been away from my computer all day. Hopefully, you aren't too upset about this. I know there are things that I want to keep private too.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Linda,
    You can delete what you see there, but anything you post on "sisters and brothers in pink" can only be seen by the members there. When you look on your page, it will be there, because you posted, but it won't be there for outsiders to see. I've been away from my computer all day. Hopefully, you aren't too upset about this. I know there are things that I want to keep private too.

xoxo,
    Jean

Question re Facebook
    How does the facebook group work?

I just assumed that we would all friend one another but tonight is the first time I saw and actually checked that there is an actual CSN GROUP!

Is it possible to join that group and post to only that group so that no one else sees it? I have friends on FB that I wouldn't want to post BC stuff. But if I could join that group and only have you all see some things, I would love it!

How does this work?

Thanks!
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options

Question re Facebook
    How does the facebook group work?

I just assumed that we would all friend one another but tonight is the first time I saw and actually checked that there is an actual CSN GROUP!

Is it possible to join that group and post to only that group so that no one else sees it? I have friends on FB that I wouldn't want to post BC stuff. But if I could join that group and only have you all see some things, I would love it!

How does this work?

Thanks!

Hi Dawne,
    There are actually two groups from here on Facebook. One is CSN and the other is sisters and brothers in pink. The CSN group is everyone from CSN and not just the breast cancer members. The other is just people from the breast cancer board. If you post on the sisters and brothers board, only those members can see it. It will still appear on your board, but not everyone can see it. You would still have to sign up for Facebook. You would have to make sure to set your profile so that others couldn't see it.

If you are interested, private message me your e-mail and I will request you as a friend. Then after that, we can add you to the group.

Or you can request me as a friend. My e-mail is jhayden@verizon.net

If anyone else is interested, please send me a message, e-mail, or request me as a friend.

We have quite a few in our "group". Some play farmville together. Me, I'm into Family Feud.

xoxo,

Jean
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Dawne,
    There are actually two groups from here on Facebook. One is CSN and the other is sisters and brothers in pink. The CSN group is everyone from CSN and not just the breast cancer members. The other is just people from the breast cancer board. If you post on the sisters and brothers board, only those members can see it. It will still appear on your board, but not everyone can see it. You would still have to sign up for Facebook. You would have to make sure to set your profile so that others couldn't see it.

If you are interested, private message me your e-mail and I will request you as a friend. Then after that, we can add you to the group.

Or you can request me as a friend. My e-mail is jhayden@verizon.net

If anyone else is interested, please send me a message, e-mail, or request me as a friend.

We have quite a few in our "group". Some play farmville together. Me, I'm into Family Feud.

xoxo,

Jean

Family Feud
    Someday Jean and I are going to go on the Family Feud game show together and win a bunch of money!! It is a fun game to play on there :)
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Family Feud
    Someday Jean and I are going to go on the Family Feud game show together and win a bunch of money!! It is a fun game to play on there :)
    *hugs*
    Heather

woulndt it be fun to get a
    woulndt it be fun to get a CSN family group?
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    carkris said:

woulndt it be fun to get a
    woulndt it be fun to get a CSN family group?

I was googling something
    I was googling something about breast cancer and one of my posts came up, I was very upset, (this was not on facebook), that is why you do not want to post any personal information or pictures here