KKSTEF----Karen, question for you

hopeful girl 1
hopeful girl 1 Member Posts: 454
Karen,

Hi there.

Can you please tell me about your diet and habits that you maintain to avoid recurrence.

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for the tip about organic unsweetened almond milk at Whole Foods. I will look for it there.

Cindy

Comments

• kkstef
    kkstef Member Posts: 688 Member
    Cindy
    Hi Cindy
    I wish I had a magic formula but I don’t. I just try to do what I can and what makes sense to me, based on what others here post and what I read. I eat a healthy diet but I must confess that I do eat some meat, but have generally moved to more organic foods and more vegetarian dishes. Of course, I am a big believer in green tea, ginger and turmeric, but some days, I admit, I don’t get to that!

I do some stretch and strengthen classes, a restorative Yoga class (which is so wonderful) and then do a modified “home Yoga program” most other days. I was trying to do the treadmill at the gym 3 times/week but have halted that due to hip issues, but am hoping I can get back to that soon.

I have very little stress in my life, mostly because I retired in 2007 (right before I was diagnosed). I do believe that stress plays a big role in cancer and sometimes wonder if my years of working in a high stress world contributed to the development of my cancer. I also do things I enjoy and don’t fill my world with lots of “shoulds”. I enjoy having lunch with friends, my book clubs, my volunteer work and cooking. I laugh….A LOT….and generally have a good time.

I don’t obsess about having cancer or spend hours doing research. Now, that might be a different story if I were smacked with a recurrence! I just think it is good to think about things other than cancer on a regular basis.

I know you are doing lots of things in your life to assure that your body is as strong as possible and to ward off the evil spirits. Just keep doing those things and remaining optimistic. You are on the right track and I am confident you will succeed!

Best wishes always!

Karen