Options
2»

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    GayleMc said:

The most important thing to
    The most important thing to remember is everyone is different. I know it's hard, but wait until you talk to a radiation oncologist and get the information that is right for you. I was given no dietary advice, but certain foods bothered me more during chemo than they normally would, and some always bothered me. You will be confused as there are a million things that are coming at you. I don't mean to sound like I don't understand your fears. I was Terrified with each new step, I just wish I could help you to feel better. The beginning is a very uncertain and scary time. Please know how much we will all be pulling for you and take care of you. Hugs to you, Gayle

Finally! Another bilateral lumpectomy & radiation!
    Susan,

While I'm in no way happy you have a reason to be here on this board, I have to admit that it's good to hear that there's at least one other bilateral lumpectomy/radiation woman out there!

My diagnosis and treatment sounds similar to yours: I had invasive ductal in the right breast, and invasive lobular in the left. Bilateral lumpectomies in June 2009. 4 rounds of Taxotere/Cytoxan, then radiation to both breasts. Now on Tamoxifen for 5 years.

I was 40 when diagnosed, and can really relate to always being (by far) the youngest patient in my oncologist's waiting room, in the chemo room, and at the radiation center.

Susan, recovery took a long time, but I'm now a year out of active treatment, and really, finally doing well. I just want you to know that you're not alone in this, and there really is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there, and let us be there for you.

Traci
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    So sorry you are going
    So sorry you are going through this Susan. I'm glad you found us, you can come here all you like and were open 24/7. Someone is always willing to help. Just want to welcome you and I'm sorry but I don't have any information on the two types, but I'm sure someone on here can help you.
    Blessings,
    ~Kari
  • Susan2011
    Susan2011 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Finally! Another bilateral lumpectomy & radiation!
    Susan,

While I'm in no way happy you have a reason to be here on this board, I have to admit that it's good to hear that there's at least one other bilateral lumpectomy/radiation woman out there!

My diagnosis and treatment sounds similar to yours: I had invasive ductal in the right breast, and invasive lobular in the left. Bilateral lumpectomies in June 2009. 4 rounds of Taxotere/Cytoxan, then radiation to both breasts. Now on Tamoxifen for 5 years.

I was 40 when diagnosed, and can really relate to always being (by far) the youngest patient in my oncologist's waiting room, in the chemo room, and at the radiation center.

Susan, recovery took a long time, but I'm now a year out of active treatment, and really, finally doing well. I just want you to know that you're not alone in this, and there really is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there, and let us be there for you.

Traci

Hello, it will be nice to
    Hello, it will be nice to talk to you, it sounds like you have exactly what I just got dx with (mine was stage 2 in both due to size of tumors) and the exact same treatment...I feel like I have to beat 2 types at the same time making it twice the treatments, twice the statistics to mull over & twice the worry. Surgery was the end of Nov., the underarm pain was horrible. My 2nd round of chemo is tommorrow, they will be making some adjustments because the 1st one did not go so well (had to stop due to blood pressure spiking up very high & I started to feel like I was going to faint). Onc thinks it may have been the steriods given in advance, so they will be backing off of them, but I do not know what will happen without them?? (they must give the steriods before chemo for a reason)