Patiann Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
after waiting since the 13th of Jan.. here is what it says:
estrogen receptor SP1 100% positive
Progesterone Receptor1E2 98% positive
HER2/neu 4B5 eqivocal 2+
Kl67(30-9) unfavorable 41%
p53 favorable 6% positive

Can someone help me understand this please?

had a big scare today.. went to walmart as needed food/popsicles... after radiation... and got really shakey, pale,sweaty, throwup.. almost hit the pavement.. no one helped me.
couldn't reach my daughter, or son in law..
finally they came, got me home, I got up after about half hour, and got woozy really bad and threw up, fluids coming out of everywhere it seemed!
How am I supposed to keep on being the mom, take care of them, and myself?
I haven't esten, except for popsicle.. the teens went out, leaving me here...I'm scared to be alone.
love,
Patiann

Comments

• taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Pattiann... I'm sorry you
    Pattiann... I'm sorry you are alone at home.. but you are not alone, we are all right here... hang in there others will be chimming in soon... I'm sorry your having such a rough time of it... it really isn't a fun process... just hang in there... I would try talking to the kids and letting them know that mom really needs their help right now... do you have any friends/family that could possibly pitch in and help???

As far as the pathology report I can see it is hormone positive... your doctor should be able to explain it all to you... I know it's hard to wait, but you will become the "queen" of the waiting game by the end of the process.. unfortunately I understand that all too well.

Hang in there.. you came to a wonderful place full of wonderful people who will welcome you with open arms...all of us have traveled this journey, some have completed treatment, others are in the midst of, some just beginning... as for me, well I'm still in treatment just an odd sort of treatment... can't cookie cut me I guess...

Sending little rays of sunshine...

Hugs,
    ~T
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Patiann
    I hope your feeling better today,I haven't started rads yet,but i don't think they make you sick,maybe you where coming down with something.people are really mean sometimes sorry i wasn't their i would have helped you,don't ever be scared your never alone God is always with you. MOLLYZ
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Hi Patiann,
    Have you talked

Hi Patiann,

Have you talked with your doc about the wooziness, vomiting? When they are bad enough that you need to call for help, your doc needs to know about them. Your doc should also know that you're only eating popsicles, that might be contributing to the woozies and the vomiting. When you talk with the doc about that, have them review the pathology with you.

We'll hold your hand along the way, but sometimes cyber help isn't enough. Call the ACS 800 number (it's on the home page under the search box) and ask them for help. They might have someone who can drive you on errands, or who can pop in to check on you. Ask your friends and family for help.

Let your teens know you are scared to be alone, and why. You can be the mom by showing them it's ok to ask for help when you need it, by showing them that strength and courage come in many forms. Be honest with them about how you feel. In a few years, they will be out in the world taking care of themselves. This is a great opportunity for them to practice... you can still supervise and monitor their activities from the couch. That will give you more time to focus on taking care of yourself.

This is, of course, my opinion. But I hope it helps.

Big hugs,

Linda
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Call your Dr!
    Please call your Dr. ASAP!

Sounds like you might need to go to ER for fluids.

Take care of yourself - you can't 'take care' of them if you are no longer around! Teens can feed themselves, wash clothes, do whatever HAS to be done. If they haven't been taught to do they can ask questions or figure it out themselves.

Susan
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Talk with you oncologist but hope some of this helps
    I will try and help you with what I know.

Your tumor has estrogen and progesterone receptors. People on the board speak of ER+ and PR+ and that is you. This means that your tumor uses those hormones to feed itself. The good news is that there are special medications such as tamoxifen or one of the aromatase inhibitors (arimidex, femara, aromasin) that can keep the tumor from using your hormones and thus starve the tumor. A good thing! See:

Contents of a Pathology Report

Ki67 score lets you know how fast cancer cells are dividing and thus helps to determine whether or not you should have chemo. A score >20% is considered high. It is not predictive of survival--so don't freak--it is just to help your docs figure out the best way to treat your disease. See:

What is Ki-67?

Also see:

How to Read a Pathology Report

P53 is related to whether you have a genetic mutation. I am not sure what your results mean and I would discuss it with my oncologist. This is a test that I am not very familiar with.

If my links are not working, let me know.
  • Patiann
    Patiann Member Posts: 10
    Options

Talk with you oncologist but hope some of this helps
    I will try and help you with what I know.

Your tumor has estrogen and progesterone receptors. People on the board speak of ER+ and PR+ and that is you. This means that your tumor uses those hormones to feed itself. The good news is that there are special medications such as tamoxifen or one of the aromatase inhibitors (arimidex, femara, aromasin) that can keep the tumor from using your hormones and thus starve the tumor. A good thing! See:

Contents of a Pathology Report

Ki67 score lets you know how fast cancer cells are dividing and thus helps to determine whether or not you should have chemo. A score >20% is considered high. It is not predictive of survival--so don't freak--it is just to help your docs figure out the best way to treat your disease. See:

What is Ki-67?

Also see:

How to Read a Pathology Report

P53 is related to whether you have a genetic mutation. I am not sure what your results mean and I would discuss it with my oncologist. This is a test that I am not very familiar with.

If my links are not working, let me know.

Cynthia,
    Answers! Thank

Cynthia,

Answers! Thank you.
    I am seeing the oncologists on Monday.
    Hopefully I can get some straightforward, simple answers from him, as well.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    sorry I can not help
    I never even heard or saw any or my #s....seems like everyone else has..!

so you are getting ill each time you have radiation or just the one time? COULD it be just by chance a bug at same time?

I never had any illness during my radiation..

I HOPE YOU are feeling better...
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Oh Patiann, I'm so sorry no
    Oh Patiann, I'm so sorry no one is physically with you but know we are all here 24/7 your new "kindred spirits". I'm so glad cypresscynthia gave you some answers on your path report. I'm triple negative and I haven't looked much into the other three types. It sounds like your getting dehydrated and you might want to get to the hospital for some fluids, but please have someone drive you. I know how you feel, we want to stay strong for our family's and we want to keep up our "MOMMY DUTIES" and it's very difficult to back down. I'm telling you from experience that if you don't take care of yourself first, you wont be able to take care of anyone else. I ran myself down pretty hard and it was really difficult to get back up. Is there anyone who could come and sit with you, anyone to give you a hand, someone?? Maybe those teens can help Mom out some more, you may have to ask them to stay home and help you. I wish I could come and sit with you, reading your post gave me a flashback and my heart hurts for you dear, please please please take care of yourself and drink lots of water, it helps. Post often and we will be waiting with cyber hugs and mountains of love.
    ~Kari
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Patiann, I reread your post,
    Patiann, I reread your post, I was thinking chemo and saw it's radiation. Radiation usually does not make you sick, it's exhausting, and maybe you've just run yourself down and possibly picked up a bug too. Please let us know how you are doing.
    ~Kari
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    Options
    It's tough to ask kids for
    It's tough to ask kids for help, but they have to understand that is what being a family is all about. By kids are younger (12, 10 and 6) but while going through treatment I let them know they needed top pitch in and help out. I know you don't want to scare your kids, but just let them know you are weak right now and need help. Somebody needs to be there for you. Also call your doctor. I didn't have rads so I don't know much about side effects.