Libby - Pinkflutterby Any news on you?

Options
DebbyM
DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Libby, you are always so upbeat on this site and I admire that, I admire you. You show all of your pink sisters how to have strength, courage and grace. Can you fill us in on how you are feeling now after your surgery and what is next for you?

Thanks,

Debby

Comments

• pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    aww thanks for asking about
    aww thanks for asking about me soooo sweet Ü

I had my first treatment on Wednesday not painful at all. Had a little headache that day. My onc had been out on maternity leave and this was the first time I have seen her since October. She read over my petscan result from December carefully and was a little concerned with the advise one of her associates gave me in the hospital to stop the Xeloda for almost a month which she believes is the cause of the tumor growth in my breast, liver and rib and the lymph nod involvement. First time I have had lymph nods involved. Not sure if I am spelling lymph nods right or not. He advised me to stop the xeloda and give my body a chance to recover and regain strength. My regular onc said she would not of done that since I do so well on the meds and usually regain my strenght quickly. Anyway insurance will not cover another pet scan until March so she increased my xeloda from 6 to 7 a day and if I can handle that she wants me to go back to 8 a day. Hoping that in March the scan will show improvement, if not she will switch up my chemo again, probably getting it via my chest port and head port. Finally getting the stitches out on Tuesday and then I can wash my head!!!

Thank you so much for asking about me it really means alot!!! I am a firm believer that attitude is EVERYTHING in this battle!!!

xoxo
    ♥♥♥♥ Libby/Pinkflutterby!!!!!!!!!!
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

I had my first treatment on Wednesday not painful at all. Had a little headache that day. My onc had been out on maternity leave and this was the first time I have seen her since October. She read over my petscan result from December carefully and was a little concerned with the advise one of her associates gave me in the hospital to stop the Xeloda for almost a month which she believes is the cause of the tumor growth in my breast, liver and rib and the lymph nod involvement. First time I have had lymph nods involved. Not sure if I am spelling lymph nods right or not. He advised me to stop the xeloda and give my body a chance to recover and regain strength. My regular onc said she would not of done that since I do so well on the meds and usually regain my strenght quickly. Anyway insurance will not cover another pet scan until March so she increased my xeloda from 6 to 7 a day and if I can handle that she wants me to go back to 8 a day. Hoping that in March the scan will show improvement, if not she will switch up my chemo again, probably getting it via my chest port and head port. Finally getting the stitches out on Tuesday and then I can wash my head!!!

Thank you so much for asking about me it really means alot!!! I am a firm believer that attitude is EVERYTHING in this battle!!!

xoxo

I too believe
    attitude is very important. And you dear Libby have an amazing attitude!

I truly admire your outlook and perseverance. Thank you for being such
    an inspiration to me. With all that you go through you still stay positive
    and upbeat you are power to be reckoned with.

Hugs,
    ayse
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    aysemari said:

I too believe
    attitude is very important. And you dear Libby have an amazing attitude!

I truly admire your outlook and perseverance. Thank you for being such
    an inspiration to me. With all that you go through you still stay positive
    and upbeat you are power to be reckoned with.

Hugs,
    ayse

You are amazing Libby!
    Woot woot for getting your stitches out to wash your head. You will feel so much better when you can! You do have one of the most amazing attitudes I have ever known Libby.

I remember reading where your children had done some painting for you for your birthday when you had your surgery. They painted anything else? LOL

Wishing you luck always and sending lots of prayers,

Lex
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

You are amazing Libby!
    Woot woot for getting your stitches out to wash your head. You will feel so much better when you can! You do have one of the most amazing attitudes I have ever known Libby.

I remember reading where your children had done some painting for you for your birthday when you had your surgery. They painted anything else? LOL

Wishing you luck always and sending lots of prayers,

Lex

Praying that your scan will
    Praying that your scan will show lots of improvement! Wish you didn't have to wait until March.

Enjoy washing your head!

Prayers to you,

Debby
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

Praying that your scan will
    Praying that your scan will show lots of improvement! Wish you didn't have to wait until March.

Enjoy washing your head!

Prayers to you,

Debby

Thanks for the update
    I think you are the greatest Libby!!!!

Sue :)
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options

xoxo

Thanks
    Ahh... Libby you have a wonderful attitude. You are so right, attitude helps loads. Thank you for filling us in on your progress. It is great to hear your doctor is keeping a diligent watch over your progress.

Thank you for being so kind and keeping in touch with Mama G as well. It means a great deal to the family, I am sure, to know their loved one, Mama G, is being thought of by so many. You are a DEAR Libby. Big HUGS and KISSES to YOU. God bless.
    BL
  • pinkflutterby
    Options

Thanks
    Ahh... Libby you have a wonderful attitude. You are so right, attitude helps loads. Thank you for filling us in on your progress. It is great to hear your doctor is keeping a diligent watch over your progress.

Thank you for being so kind and keeping in touch with Mama G as well. It means a great deal to the family, I am sure, to know their loved one, Mama G, is being thought of by so many. You are a DEAR Libby. Big HUGS and KISSES to YOU. God bless.
    BL

Ya'll are all so very sweet
    Ya'll are all so very sweet to me!!! Love it makes me feel so special Ü

No more painting yet, but they have promised to do the rest of the house for me yippieeee

and one of my neighbors has offered to pain the entire outside of my house for $100 if I buy supplies, cant go wrong there. Its not bad but he asked if there was anything I wanted done and I said YES I want my house painted and he offered. I want to do a red cedar garage door and window shutters so now deciding on a paint color.... any opinions?? I will post pic of my house in my expressions so ya'll can see the place and maybe get an idea.

hugs peace love and strength!!!

xoxo Libby
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Ya'll are all so very sweet
    Ya'll are all so very sweet to me!!! Love it makes me feel so special Ü

No more painting yet, but they have promised to do the rest of the house for me yippieeee

and one of my neighbors has offered to pain the entire outside of my house for $100 if I buy supplies, cant go wrong there. Its not bad but he asked if there was anything I wanted done and I said YES I want my house painted and he offered. I want to do a red cedar garage door and window shutters so now deciding on a paint color.... any opinions?? I will post pic of my house in my expressions so ya'll can see the place and maybe get an idea.

hugs peace love and strength!!!

xoxo Libby

You are sweet too Libby and
    You are sweet too Libby and thank you too for keeping up updated on Mama G.

What wonderful kids you have and what a wonderful neighbor to paint your whole house. Whatever color you pick will be perfect.

Hugs and prayers,

Jan
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

You are sweet too Libby and
    You are sweet too Libby and thank you too for keeping up updated on Mama G.

What wonderful kids you have and what a wonderful neighbor to paint your whole house. Whatever color you pick will be perfect.

Hugs and prayers,

Jan

Very upbeat
    You are always very upbeat Libby. I do think that helps a lot along this journey. Prayers and God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Very upbeat
    You are always very upbeat Libby. I do think that helps a lot along this journey. Prayers and God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

You should feel special, Libby--because you are!
    Wow--you are amazing in your attitude and grace. Sometimes, on this crazy journey, that's about all you can control and you're doing it brilliantly!

Hugs, Renee
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options

xoxo

Hi dear Libby,
    You are my hero! Stay strong and keep that positive attitude. Tell them they have to schedule your scan in March around your vacation! Woo hoo. That is something for you to look forward to.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Options

xoxo

Thanks for the update
    I think you are right that Attitude is sooo very important and I credit you and so many others for helping me put things into perspective. I love your Pinkfltterby name. It always makes me picture a little pink butterfly circling around the garden in the spring. I hope March brings spring and good results for you.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi dear Libby,
    You are my hero! Stay strong and keep that positive attitude. Tell them they have to schedule your scan in March around your vacation! Woo hoo. That is something for you to look forward to.

xoxo,
    Jean

You are my hero too Libby!
    You are my hero too Libby! Girlpower as shortscake would say!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    PinkPearl said:

Thanks for the update
    I think you are right that Attitude is sooo very important and I credit you and so many others for helping me put things into perspective. I love your Pinkfltterby name. It always makes me picture a little pink butterfly circling around the garden in the spring. I hope March brings spring and good results for you.

Praying that your scan in
    Praying that your scan in March will show lots and lots of improvement. I love your name too. It fits a beautiful sister like you.

Hugs, Megan
  • pinkflutterby
    Options
    Megan M said:

Praying that your scan in
    Praying that your scan in March will show lots and lots of improvement. I love your name too. It fits a beautiful sister like you.

Hugs, Megan

thank you thank you thank you all so much!
    I feel so welcomed and special here what a wonderful group of ladies we are!!!

xoxo Love you all!!!!! Libby