PET results not good

Options
grannyc
grannyc Member Posts: 63
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well after a year and a half of NED the cancer has spread to my liver, small lessions on both side so no surgery right now. I am going back an Xeloda and Avastin. Onc also metioned another coctail but he is going to wait and consult with the CT radaiologist, my oncologist thinks we may be able to treat with chemoemalation...(sp) I know I have read on this site that some of you have had this...any input would be welcome.

GrannyC

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    Feel so sorry for your PET results GrannyC!
    Lest go to fight again! you have done it once and you will beat it again!.
    Sending you my best vibes and prayers !
    Hugs!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Grannyc
    I am sorry to hear this GrannyC. Good luck with your next steps.
  • kluong
    kluong Member Posts: 23
    Options
    AnneCan said:

Grannyc
    I am sorry to hear this GrannyC. Good luck with your next steps.

Same problem with us
    Grannyc:

We have the same problem. The lesions (at least 6) in his liver are too widespread and small and was considered inoperable. They would not do RFA because it is too close to the blood vesells. Therefore, we had the only option of chemoembolization (I think this is what you mean). We did the procedure yesterday and my hubby is in the hospital recovering today. The pain last about 3-7 hours after the procedure and we will have three more infusions before we will know if the tumor have shrink. We are hoping and praying for great results. As you can imagine, we are so scarred and hopeless but strong and determined.

Kim L
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Oh Granny C
    Oh Granny C (that is what my grandmother was called), I am so sorry the results were not what you hoped for. I was concerned about you last night when we hadn't heard from you. It is good that you have a plan but again I am so sorry you have to get your head around this. I will continue to hold you in my prayers.

Hoping for great results from the new cocktail.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • JoyceSteele
    JoyceSteele Member Posts: 145
    Options
    Thin
    GrannyC, so sorry to hear this news. But you are strong and positive and will beat it once again. Try and think about all the great days you have had, and envision them happening again very soon. You will be in my thoughts as well as my prayers. Hugs, Joyce
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry
    I'm very sorry about the news, but I'm glad the lesions are small. Hopefully this can be taken care of in good fashion. I'll be praying for you!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • grannyc
    grannyc Member Posts: 63
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

I'm sorry
    I'm very sorry about the news, but I'm glad the lesions are small. Hopefully this can be taken care of in good fashion. I'll be praying for you!

*hugs*
    Gail

thanks to all of you
    Now that the initial shock of "it's back" have been dealt with and I have shared that bit of news with my family and frieds, I feel like me again. I am a pretty upbeat person and feel very fortunate that I have been healthy and able to do whatever I wanted over the last 3 + years

I must say that everyine here has been wonderfuland suportive (even when I was just lurking)

SOOOOOO thank all of you so much. I di feel like you are family.

GrannyC maybe I will figure out how to put a pix on here. I love the pictures and stories.
  • hopeforcure49
    hopeforcure49 Member Posts: 111
    Options
    Sorry for the results
    Sorry you have to go through this again. Keep you fists up and chin high. Hopefully they can come up with the right cocktail to get those suckers. I'll be praying for you. Blessings from Lourdes.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator