Breast/sex questions : warning: TMI

Options
2»

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I won't tell if you won't ;-)
    First, whether you can have enjoyment/sensation in your breast after is difficult to predict. Everyone is different. But give it time as nerves heal very, very slowly.

What Chen said is right on. Most of our libido is mental. But having said that, I have to admit that tamoxifen really did seem to knock out my drive--which was noticeable as I was just 33 then. Cuddling and talking became much more important. I think Danny was sometimes hurt and confused but he really did understand and we talked it through.

You husband sounds like a jewel. He cares about you and that is a beautiful thing. Communicate with him what you are feeling--communication is the key.

Does it come back? Yes, it did but less so, but lol I am now 58 and it just is less a priority. But there is so much more than the act: holding hands, snuggling, flirting, kissing, just cuddling on the sofa and watching tv.
  • rene9
    rene9 Member Posts: 214
    Options

I won't tell if you won't ;-)
    First, whether you can have enjoyment/sensation in your breast after is difficult to predict. Everyone is different. But give it time as nerves heal very, very slowly.

What Chen said is right on. Most of our libido is mental. But having said that, I have to admit that tamoxifen really did seem to knock out my drive--which was noticeable as I was just 33 then. Cuddling and talking became much more important. I think Danny was sometimes hurt and confused but he really did understand and we talked it through.

You husband sounds like a jewel. He cares about you and that is a beautiful thing. Communicate with him what you are feeling--communication is the key.

Does it come back? Yes, it did but less so, but lol I am now 58 and it just is less a priority. But there is so much more than the act: holding hands, snuggling, flirting, kissing, just cuddling on the sofa and watching tv.

Hi-
    I guess everyone will think I'm crazy, but nothing has changed for me. I just turned 40 (married 12 years) and if anything my husband will sleep on the sofa to get away from me...I had a single left mastectomy Dec. 2009, port placed, chemo, radiation and I had reconstruction Dec. 2010. I'm sorry but as soon as I was feeling ok, like a week or so after treatments I was attacking my husband. He thought when I had the hysterectomy in early 2009 that I would change, but I haven't. I still don't have a nipple on my left breast and it really doesn't bother me. I hope I didn't give TMI!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    rene9 said:

Hi-
    I guess everyone will think I'm crazy, but nothing has changed for me. I just turned 40 (married 12 years) and if anything my husband will sleep on the sofa to get away from me...I had a single left mastectomy Dec. 2009, port placed, chemo, radiation and I had reconstruction Dec. 2010. I'm sorry but as soon as I was feeling ok, like a week or so after treatments I was attacking my husband. He thought when I had the hysterectomy in early 2009 that I would change, but I haven't. I still don't have a nipple on my left breast and it really doesn't bother me. I hope I didn't give TMI!

You go girl! LOL, I am
    You go girl! LOL, I am jealous. Most nights I'd rather a book, but I think it is terrific that you have been unaffected. I can remember it being fun ;-)