Options
2»

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    natly15 said:

Ayse I'm interested in the
    Ayse I'm interested in the 21 day cleanse. Are you or have you done it? I also am juicing but I dont do it everyday and thats my fault. My downfall is carbs and I love cheese.

I reduced cheese
    but still having it ocasionally
  • New Flower
    Options
    natly15 said:

Ayse I'm interested in the
    Ayse I'm interested in the 21 day cleanse. Are you or have you done it? I also am juicing but I dont do it everyday and thats my fault. My downfall is carbs and I love cheese.

Cleansing
    unfortunately cleansing happen naturally for me.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Ayse, Doing this with you
    Ayse, Doing this with you would help to keep me accountable.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Hi Ayse, I love your energy!!!
    You are on an amazing journey, my friend. I don't know if I could give up (or want to give up) my nonfat, decaf, venti, 2 pump mocha from Starbucks that I have once a day or every other day. I love it. And, I'm not sure that by giving it up, it would really change anything.

I remember you telling me about the "Joys of Juicing" when we first met many months ago. I borrowed a friend's juicer and used it for a couple of weeks. I was concerned about the waste involved of the pulp. I have to believe many nutrients are lost by throwing away all the pulp and only using the juice. So, I broke down and purchased a very nice juicer that uses everything--the Montel Williams Health Master. I like it--I need to use it more often.

I eat very little red meat or fried foods. I do love cheese. What about eggs? When you say you don't eat any processed foods--does that include breads, pasta, crackers (and I mean whole grain)? When you make a meal for dinner, for instance, how do you get your protein? I have a lot to learn. I'd like to make modifications, but I'm not sure about going all the way--some things I love too much and I'm still not convinced it would change any outcomes (everything in moderation?).

You are so great to be so excited about this and share it with us. One of the things I love about you is your enthusiasm!

So, I guess you can consider me a somewhat "guarded" volunteer!!

Hugs, Renee
  • New Flower
    Options
    missrenee said:

You are on an amazing journey, my friend. I don't know if I could give up (or want to give up) my nonfat, decaf, venti, 2 pump mocha from Starbucks that I have once a day or every other day. I love it. And, I'm not sure that by giving it up, it would really change anything.

I remember you telling me about the "Joys of Juicing" when we first met many months ago. I borrowed a friend's juicer and used it for a couple of weeks. I was concerned about the waste involved of the pulp. I have to believe many nutrients are lost by throwing away all the pulp and only using the juice. So, I broke down and purchased a very nice juicer that uses everything--the Montel Williams Health Master. I like it--I need to use it more often.

I eat very little red meat or fried foods. I do love cheese. What about eggs? When you say you don't eat any processed foods--does that include breads, pasta, crackers (and I mean whole grain)? When you make a meal for dinner, for instance, how do you get your protein? I have a lot to learn. I'd like to make modifications, but I'm not sure about going all the way--some things I love too much and I'm still not convinced it would change any outcomes (everything in moderation?).

You are so great to be so excited about this and share it with us. One of the things I love about you is your enthusiasm!

Hugs, Renee

I excluded pasta and soy products
    as a estrogen positive I stopped using soy products.I do not eat pasta for two years.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

natly15
    and it will keep me more motivated!!

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • aysemari
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hugs, Renee

Thanks Renee
    you won't know till you try (little smart **** remark.. teehee)
    But let me tell you this, ever since I gave it up, exchanged it
    for juice. My energy level has been nice and steady, no ups
    and steep downs. Also I sleep deeper. From the biological
    stand point, you know where I stand, coffee is acidic and I
    want an alkaline body, with a nice flow of oxygen to my cells.

Smoothies are great too. I do those in addition some times. With
    fresh fruits, I sneak some avocado and spinach in, flax seeds. I
    either add almond milk or green tea. But the juice is like a injection
    of chlorophyll (a powerful blood builder)- it increases red blood cell
    production and enhances the cell's ability to carry oxygen. It literally
    helps heal and detoxify the blood of the body), enzymes and phytonutrients
    (help you fight free radical, they have an extra electron). With juicing
    the body can absorb more nutrition and needs to do less work. Think
    of it like a belly spa treatment =)

I think everything in moderation is great when you are healthy, but
    right now our bodies need extra TLC. Extra good stuff.

I have chosen to give up all animal products for a while and see
    how I do. But if you just lower the amount of your intake that
    alone would be a great change for your body. Your body has
    to work very hard to process animal protein.

Researcher's show that we need only about 20g of protein per day but
    we get about 150g on a normal diet. I get my protein from many sourced
    legumes (split peas, lentils, all sort of beans), broccoli, almonds, peas,
    flax seed... the list is long). There's different kinds of protein.. but that
    would take a lot of wrting.. almonds are also great for calcium.

Pheew, enough for now... lol

Guarded is good, it's good to have all the information before jumping
    in head first.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hugs, Renee

Hi Renee, I think getting a
    Hi Renee, I think getting a juicer that uses the pulp is a very good idea. That soluble fiber is so important. We used to spoon back some of the pulp into the drink and often would put it in muffins or use it some other creative fashion since it didn't have much taste to it anyways. I didn't like throwing it out either.
    jan
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    aysemari said:

natly15
    and it will keep me more motivated!!

Hugs,
    Ayse

Here is an acid/alkaline
    Here is an acid/alkaline chart I've had in case anyone would like one.

acid/alkaline chart

And here is a link to Nutrition Data. Proteins are broken down into amino acids and the types of fats are broken down as well. It will also tell you if you are missing specific amino acids that make up a complete protein and where to find it. You can find out and track your nutrients, create recipes and have them analyzed, find out the inflammation and glycemic factor of a product and create your daily needs. I used to track my diet and was so surprised at what I wasn't getting.

nutritiondata

Again, best of health to all,
    hugs
    jan
  • aysemari
    Options

Here is an acid/alkaline
    Here is an acid/alkaline chart I've had in case anyone would like one.

acid/alkaline chart

And here is a link to Nutrition Data. Proteins are broken down into amino acids and the types of fats are broken down as well. It will also tell you if you are missing specific amino acids that make up a complete protein and where to find it. You can find out and track your nutrients, create recipes and have them analyzed, find out the inflammation and glycemic factor of a product and create your daily needs. I used to track my diet and was so surprised at what I wasn't getting.

nutritiondata

Again, best of health to all,
    hugs
    jan

GREAT links!!
    Jan thanks for sharing these, I will certainly utilize them.

Especially the alkaline chart.

Hugs,
    Ayse