Chemo questions

Options
2»

Comments

• walterta
    walterta Member Posts: 31
    Options

Avastin
    Avastin doesn't cause hair loss. I'm on Avastin and Xeloda right now.
    About the only side effect I've had from Avastin is gum bleeding.
    Also, I CANNOT BELIEVE that you all do not get a shot of lanocain (probably spelled wrong) before have the needle inserted into the port. At Dominican that is the protocal, THANK GOODNESS, so other then a small itty bitty pin prick, NO PAIN.
    Winter Marie

Thanks for your input I
    Thanks for your input I appreciate it, it makes me feel more at ease. I know it seems crazy to be worried about a port but this is all new to me so I am scared. Especially scared about the radiation and chemo treatments. I am so thankful for all of you, it is nice to have so much support and from people who have been through this already.

Tausha
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    walterta said:

Thanks for your input I
    Thanks for your input I appreciate it, it makes me feel more at ease. I know it seems crazy to be worried about a port but this is all new to me so I am scared. Especially scared about the radiation and chemo treatments. I am so thankful for all of you, it is nice to have so much support and from people who have been through this already.

Tausha

Tausha
    One other thing to mention concerning the port, my oncology nurse was telling me this morning that some physicians aren't ordering the power port, just out of ignorance she thinks. The power port is SMALLER, easier, and can handle CT Scans. (since my veins have gone hiding, the last time I went for a CT scan, they tried to find my vein 3 times before hitting the target on Number 4, they asked me to please go to the oncology people and get the necessary goodies for the CT scan in my PORT, thank goodness for the power port).
    So please ask about the power port before getting a different kind of port installed. They were very nice and showed me the differences!!!
    Winter Marie