no appetite

spensir
spensir Member Posts: 44
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Please do you have any suggestions to help my husband eat . He is at his high school weight which is 179. He has been recieving Herceptin and 5fu since early Dec. He looses about a pound a week. He has no trouble eating its just that nothing looks good. I know its not my cooking. HaHa Have to keep that humor. Do you think its time for a feeding tube? Its been discussed with his Dr. and his Dr. didn't think so. Please any suggestions welcomed. Shirley

Comments

• JaneE2366
    JaneE2366 Member Posts: 289 Member
    Can your husband eat?
    Shirley,
    Is your husband able to eat? My husband had no appetite while going through chemo and he was losing weight. Dr prescribed an appetite enhancer...Megestrol. Worked wonders. Has a great appetite now.
    Will keep your husband in my prayes.
    Jane
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Hi Shirley and welcome to
    Hi Shirley and welcome to you and your husband. I agree, he needs an appetite enhancer. Hope this helps.
    Tina in Va
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • spensir
    spensir Member Posts: 44
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Thank you for all the
    Thank you for all the suggestions and prayers and well wishes. Friday night we went to the emergency and got John hydrated. Today was tough again but he managed to get some food down. I will be talking to John's doctor on Monday to see what our next step is. I will discuss the medications suggested hopfully he will began wanting to eat and drink with vigor soon. Thanks EC family. Its comforting to know you are alway there. Shirley