breast cancer

Options
stillnessspeaks
stillnessspeaks Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm in the very beginning stage of diagnosing a lump found in right breast. I'm dealing with other health issues (bulging discs/neuropathy in feet/cornea issues); this one more problem with my body I feel like giving up and letting whatever is found take its course with no treatment. Anyone felt like this?

Comments

• LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Options
    Seems like too much . . .
    I haven't been in your shoes in terms of multiple physical challenges, so I can only imagine how overwhelmed you must feel right now. Sometimes it seems like challenges just keep coming and coming with no end in sight.

All I can say is that my heart goes out to you; I hope you won't give up but will reach out for whatever sources of strength you can find, whether through a local church or other spiritual community, your family, your friends, and/or a local support group at your hospital. Your doctor or hospital should have the name of a social worker who can help you find potential sources of support, both emotional and physical, and that (social worker) may provide more in the way of what you need than you can imagine right now.

Hang in there--I wish you strength as you continue your journey.

Sandy
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i admit
    There were times when I wondered if I was supposed to have
    cancer, and if I was getting in the way of nature's course.

My cancer diagnosis really put my beliefs upside down... I
    wondered what I did to do deserve this (very short phase), then
    realized nothing. If it worked that way all the rapists and murderers
    would be in line for cancer.

I used to believe what goes around comes around, so for a while I
    seriously wondered if I did something wrong to bring this upon myself.

But all that was just a phase and then I realized, there's no rhyme or
    reason. Some toddlers get diagnosed with cancer. At least I had my
    childhood.

And I would say do NOT give up. People have done some amazing
    things in their lives after a cancer diagnosis. It is not the end of the
    world, you have to believe and make conscious decision to heal your
    body. I consider it my full time job and my priority.

I am so sorry, to meet you here. But at the same time I am glad
    you found us. This is board is very special, it has soul.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I started...
    I started with the breast cancer in 2008.. Almost as soon as I finished rads, I started losing weight. 30 pounds in 3 months. My thyroid had gone crazy. Been trying to get that controlled and we are at the point where it looks like we will have to destroy the thyroid & then I will go on Synthroid.
    Shortly after the thyroid dx, I developed a joint problem, that is basically, as I'm told, a form of arthritis. Take meds fo rthe pain.
    Developed lymphedema.
    Then, my husband had to have triple bypass. Came home from the hospital and promptly developed a blood clot. Was hospitalized for almost a month.
    Then I am now being told to monitor my glucose levels 3x a day for several weeks, as it looks like I am now diabetic.
    In December, my husband suffered a heart attack.

I am 56 and my husband is 59. And believe me, there have been times over the past 3 years when we both wanted to throw in the towel. But then what?
    So, we keep on keeping on!

CR
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    I know you're dealing
    with a lot right now. Breast cancer can be overwhelming even by itself. But, never give up. I have many health issues and I'm doing everything I can to beat this disease. I had surgery, chemo and now doing rads. Your life is worth it!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    The times that I felt
    hopeless, I thought of my loved ones and how I wanted to be there with them. Stay positive, you can get through this. We're all here, just words away...

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    First let me say welcome.
    I am sorry you had to find us but so glad you did. We all feel overwhelmed at some point. I know I did and I was only dealing with BC. I can't imagine how you must feel with having other problems as well. Even when I felt like my body was betraying me I never thought of doing nothing to fight this beast. I wanted to everything I could to win the war. Please don't give up. Stay strong. With the help of everyone here you can do it!

Hugs,
    Georgia