Hodgkin Recurrence within the same year?

Tracie1981
Tracie1981 Member Posts: 125
Has anyone had a recurrence of hodkins within the same year they got treated? My doc says he seen a spot in my chest on the last PET scan just outside the area where I was treated in my lung. I hope its not Cancer at all but if it is I pray that its lymphoma again. I have another PET scan on February 6th and hopefully all turns out well. Just curious as to how common it would be?

Comments

• winthefight
    winthefight Member Posts: 162
    Hi Tracie,

Sorry to hear about the spot in your chest. I had a recurrence of NHL while in treatment. I was about to get my last treatment when I discovered a lump under the same arm as I did before the dx. I then began another plan of chemo treatments and radiation. Both of these treatments worked very well for me. I have been in remission for about 2 yrs and am on a maintainance plan of Rituxin. I just had scans a few months ago. I had a spot on the scans that I questioned. But it turns out it was scar tissue.

I pray that yours too is simply a scar tissue and not cancer. We wish you the best. Please keep up posted.
  • yesyes2
    yesyes2 Member Posts: 591
    Possible Recurrance
    Hi Tracie,

I'm so sorry that ypou may be faced with a recurrance of your Hodgkins. I did not have Hodgkins. but I did have a recurrance while on Rituxan treatment for an aggressive NHL. I than went on to doing an aggressive course of chemo. Today I am almost one year in remission. 2-15-10. I know there are people out there who have had recurrances of their Hodgkins and I hope that they chime in for you. And Winn is so right, this could very well be scar tissue from both the chemo and radiation.

I will be praying for good results on your PET on Feb 6th. Please let us know the results when you can.

Blessings to you,
    Leslie
  • bluerose
    bluerose Member Posts: 1,104
    No idea how close hodgkins is to non hodgkins but ....
    I know it used to be that generally hodgkins was much easier to blow out of the water than NHL, not sure what's up these days with it all.

My NHL recurrance was only about a year and a half after the first diagnosis and from what I gathered then that wasn't uncommon. Of course I didn't know that in the beginning which was probably a good thing.

Try to not worry til you know for sure. Sometimes little dots on scans can disappear the next scan around, I have had that happen.

I will keep you in my prayers. Let us know when you know okay?

Blessings,

Bluerose
  • Tracie1981
    bluerose said:

No idea how close hodgkins is to non hodgkins but ....
    I know it used to be that generally hodgkins was much easier to blow out of the water than NHL, not sure what's up these days with it all.

My NHL recurrance was only about a year and a half after the first diagnosis and from what I gathered then that wasn't uncommon. Of course I didn't know that in the beginning which was probably a good thing.

Try to not worry til you know for sure. Sometimes little dots on scans can disappear the next scan around, I have had that happen.

I will keep you in my prayers. Let us know when you know okay?

Blessings,

Bluerose

I will...
    Thanks so much for the replies, I have faith everything will be the way that God wants it to be, I just pray its not to hard for me :) God Bless all and I will update as soon as I get the scan done.
  • charw@snet.net
    charw@snet.net Member Posts: 1

I will...
    Thanks so much for the replies, I have faith everything will be the way that God wants it to be, I just pray its not to hard for me :) God Bless all and I will update as soon as I get the scan done.

Hi Tracie. I just found out about this website yesterday & saw your question. I was 22 yrs old when I was diagnosed w/hodgkings and I too had an infant to care for. I don't know about you, but I truly believe she kept me alive. I loved her so much I just would not give in. I did get NHL they told me its non curable, but non-aggressive. Truthfully I feel great and was diagnosed with NHL around 10 years agow.
    I went on to have 2 more children, another girl & a boy. And I now have 3 grand children (all girls).
    You will always be in my heart. Hope all goes well with you. In case your wondering about my age next month I will be 61 yrs young.
  • Tracie1981

Hi Tracie. I just found out about this website yesterday & saw your question. I was 22 yrs old when I was diagnosed w/hodgkings and I too had an infant to care for. I don't know about you, but I truly believe she kept me alive. I loved her so much I just would not give in. I did get NHL they told me its non curable, but non-aggressive. Truthfully I feel great and was diagnosed with NHL around 10 years agow.
    I went on to have 2 more children, another girl & a boy. And I now have 3 grand children (all girls).
    You will always be in my heart. Hope all goes well with you. In case your wondering about my age next month I will be 61 yrs young.

Thank you so much charw
    I have 4 kids, I'll be 30 on February 1st, so I'm hoping this next scan will come back clear or if it is anything it will just be hodgkins again, chemo is not fun but atleast I'll know what to expect. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts, I hope all goes well with you also, this is a good site to get on and chat with others. They are good people here <3 Take care and God Bless. Tracie
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member

Thank you so much charw
    I have 4 kids, I'll be 30 on February 1st, so I'm hoping this next scan will come back clear or if it is anything it will just be hodgkins again, chemo is not fun but atleast I'll know what to expect. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts, I hope all goes well with you also, this is a good site to get on and chat with others. They are good people here <3 Take care and God Bless. Tracie</p>

Hope for the best
    Hi, Tracie,

I just completed my last chemo (12th) for good last Tuesday for my Hodgkins. I have another scan scheduled next month. I will be thinking of you with ease and comfort for your healing - likewise for mine. So far, I am able to eat fine and just real tired, that s all.

With positive thoughts and bless you,
    Liz
  • truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member

Thank you so much charw
    I have 4 kids, I'll be 30 on February 1st, so I'm hoping this next scan will come back clear or if it is anything it will just be hodgkins again, chemo is not fun but atleast I'll know what to expect. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts, I hope all goes well with you also, this is a good site to get on and chat with others. They are good people here <3 Take care and God Bless. Tracie</p>

Hope for the best
    Hi, Tracie,

I just completed my last chemo (12th) for good last Tuesday for my Hodgkins. I have another scan scheduled in March. I will be thinking of you with ease and comfort for your healing - likewise for mine. So far, I am able to eat fine and just real tired, that s all.

Liz
    (HL-4B-8/2010 - Remission by 12/2010)
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member

Hope for the best
    Hi, Tracie,

I just completed my last chemo (12th) for good last Tuesday for my Hodgkins. I have another scan scheduled in March. I will be thinking of you with ease and comfort for your healing - likewise for mine. So far, I am able to eat fine and just real tired, that s all.

Liz
    (HL-4B-8/2010 - Remission by 12/2010)

Thinking of you both...
    Hi Tracie,
    I will keep you in my prayers and hold positive thoughts for a clean scan on the 6th. I know how scary it is waiting to get the scan and then hoping for good results. Hang in there sweetie. Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Hi Liz,
    I'm soooo happy you finished your last round and doing "fairly" well. The fatigue is such a bummer which I am also still dealing with..UGH! Thank goodness we are both eating well. I knowtice my appetite isn't as active now that my chemo is done,but food taste good and I'm eating enough food to maintain a healthy weight. I'll be thinking good positive thoughts for a clean scan in March. Now you need to rest and heal!
    Love..Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)